This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Atelier AT-90R pedal adjustment

Can anyone kindly tell me how to adjust the spring pressure on the pedals of the Roland AT-90R? I find that one pedal (lowest A) is a few mm lower than the others at the organ end, and bounces, sounding more than once if it is played staccato.

I guess the pedal board would be very similar to the one on other AT-90 and AT-900 organs.

Thanks,

David

Never tried it, but I'd start at the back of the pedals, undoing the 7 screws and taking off the top panel. Any adjusting screws should be plain to see. If there are none, then adjustment must be at the organ end.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

If you find a "bad" spring, swapping with one at the high end is always a "no parts required" available repair. Sometimes there are two hold-downs and you can shim one of them to increase the strength of the lift. If you don't figure it out, let me know. I have that same pedalboard.
      Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-70, 30, and 15. Roland VR-760 combo
      Yamaha S-90, Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330, Roland E-80, G-70, BK-5, Leslie 760, 820
      Moved on:
      Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1, AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30, 60r, 80, & 20r(2 units), and a slew of Leslies (147, 142, 760, 900, 330).
      Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I found the answer is indeed to undo those 7 screws on the top of the box at the back of the pedals. Inside there are flat steel springs, and the adjustment is with the screws holding them down. Helpfully, someone (maybe the manufacturer) had put felt-tip pen marks showing the last setting of the screws, so it was easy to keep track of which I was adjusting. The marks were all horizontal in this picture, and I've tightened up the first and second natural by about a quarter of a turn. It was also worth going in this box to clear out the cobwebs, decayed elastic bands etc...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2093.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	603956
        Last edited by darditti; 03-05-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X