This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Atelier AT80 SL Rhythm Lock

I have just changed over to Roland and noticed that my AT80SL makes no mention of it having a rhythm lock function, a colleague in the organ world thinks there is one and is making a search, but there is no mention of it in the manual.

It has a very useful function if fitted , if you wish to use a registration / s loaded from a floppy disk into the pistons but wish to use it with a different style because you do not have this particular registration anywhere else you simply enable the lock button then change the style and when changing to another piston the tempo and style remain unaltered.
    Setting a style in advance in the normal manner does not work, as soon as you push a piston the style will change to whatever was saved on the floppy disk. has anyone come across this ( hopefully ) hidden feature ?

You have the option to do things either way.

When you save a bank of preset pistons you can have the Arranger change instantly, so the rhythm will change as soon as you press the piston, or delayed which means that the rhythm won't change until you hold the piston for a second or so.

On my AT900P you toggle between the settings like this. From the home screen:

Quick Guide - Index - A - Arranger Update.

Pretty sure that the 90SL is the same and you can do the same for the Transposer.

So you get the best of both worlds, on a bank by bank basis. If you have a bank that's set to 'Instant' and you want the effect of the 'rhythm lock', then load it in, switch to 'Delayed'. You choose whether or not to save the 'Delayed' setting with the bank for next time.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
      You have the option to do things either way.

When you save a bank of preset pistons you can have the Arranger change instantly, so the rhythm will change as soon as you press the piston, or delayed which means that the rhythm won't change until you hold the piston for a second or so.

On my AT900P you toggle between the settings like this. From the home screen:

Quick Guide - Index - A - Arranger Update.

Pretty sure that the 90SL is the same and you can do the same for the Transposer.

So you get the best of both worlds, on a bank by bank basis. If you have a bank that's set to 'Instant' and you want the effect of the 'rhythm lock', then load it in, switch to 'Delayed'. You choose whether or not to save the 'Delayed' setting with the bank for next time.
      Thanks andyYG, I had read that bit but I don't think I really understood that capability, in fact I just thought it delayed for a while but did bring back the original style eventually. Being a very basic player i was looking for a button marked " lock" to push, I will have a try. I am always reluctant to stray into territory I have had little or no experience of , terrified of locking the whole system up !

Comment

Hi anyng, yes when I tried it the delayed mode worked just as you said it should , many thanks for your help. I was very surprised that this function is not made more of in the manual and only in some side notes, nothing in the index either so it can easily be missed.

Comment

Working...
        X