No announcement yet.

Lowrey Aria Pro EX6000 Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to me that if Lowrey and Wersi were to go out of business, the whingers and moaners would have to turn their attention to another current organ manufacturer.........

Trouble is they wouldn't really have many to choose from!

Whatever Lowrey and Wersi are doing, they must be getting it right as they are still in business manufacturing Organs unlike many others who have fallen by the wayside. Keep up the good work Lowrey and Wersi!

Comment

Originally posted by seamaster View Post
      A windows PC in a chipboard box covered in carpaint, versus a jukebox in Granny's dresser with letters over the keys. Has it come to this?
      Oh how I do enjoy Seamaster comments, made me laugh - btw, I think mine is a Windows PC in an MDF box covered in a fabulous pearlescent car paint! - I seem to remember when I had a Yamaha it was plywood covered in a plastic veneer - wonder what the others are made of.
      Current Organ: Wersi Sonic OAX800
      Previous Organs: Wersi Verona, Wersi Beta DX401, Yamaha FE-70, Yamaha B-75N
      Previous Other: Wersi MAX-1, Wersi OX7, Korg N5, Yamaha DX27

Comment

Originally posted by Markr View Post
        ... wonder what the others are made of.
        The very best cabinets are solid wood, Allen, Lowrey, high end Roland etc.

Most are chipboard or plywood, some MDF. Nothing wrong with those materials, when used correctly used in the right places they can be better than solid wood. But it's the outside that we see and most are some form of paper or plastic veneer over plywood. Solid plastic cabinets with wood grain effects moulded in or painted on? That's been done as well.

I've had all of the above at home at some point! never anything with car paint on, though my home made leslie (I was about 14!) had some of the white Dulux gloss Dad had used for the skirting boards!
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

I wouldn’t be allowed anything like Dulux that wasn’t on the walls, but have to confess, the sparkly black finish on my Wersi is just fab in our environment, and an American walnut or anything similar just would not go with our decor now - my wife was delighted when the Walnut Verona stopped working, and I had nothing but encouragement to get the black Sonic - she wasn’t keen on white either. To be honest I would have gone with whatever colour “eased” the journey!

Has to be each to their own, just like car colours but as your strap line says Andy, “its not what you play, its not how you play.... etc”
          Current Organ: Wersi Sonic OAX800
          Previous Organs: Wersi Verona, Wersi Beta DX401, Yamaha FE-70, Yamaha B-75N
          Previous Other: Wersi MAX-1, Wersi OX7, Korg N5, Yamaha DX27

Comment

I haven’t seen or heard anything that would make me want to change my Yamaha AR100 for a Lowrey Aria Pro. And what is the point of those ABC lights?
            Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
            Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

Hi Foxtrotter - Yamaha still appear to be making organs. Their ELB-02 model was launched middle 2016. Sounds good on YouTube videoes. They also seem to have a nice infrastructure going to support their Japanese customers. So I think Yamaha should be included in the list of 'getting it right'. Shame they don't official support other countries.

Comment

Well it’s interesting that most of the manufactures that are still going were touted as soon for the graveyard, (As said above they must be doing something right) whereas most of those that were touted as here for pretty much forever have all gone. (Times have changed and nobody wants something that looks like granny’s sideboard any more)

Most manufactures have used paint for their instruments at some time (All the way back to the 70/80s) so nothing new there, plus modern paint (Particularly that designed for cars) is a carefully crafted mix for a specific job. (This is why most European manufactures can offer you any colour you want for a little add on, (There is a nice pink Bohm example on Allen’s website for those that are interested) they will even do you one in a wood finish if you still believe that a wind up gramophone is the pinnacle of audio reproduction)

All products made that have a computer at their heart (There is plethora of them in both domestic and particular professional realms) are more expensive then there hardware equivalents (But they work out cheaper in the long run as you don’t have to keep trading the equipment in to get new features etc.) so I fail to understand why people think that organs would be any different.

Bill

Comment

Comment

For the Lowrey player, the Aria has several reasons to upgrade. The new styles have some arrangements that are exactly like the originals. Fun to play. Even for a pro. (OK just 1 or 2x and then you never do it again...) When I first got my Sterling, I had fun with Mr. Lucky. The Phantom main theme is an example of this. Nice build through the presets. Having the various harmony note configs show up on the key notes is quite useful for someone learning to play more than single note right hand. The harmony with just a single voice per note is long overdue and as Andy pointed out, goes WAY back. But, a nice add on here. The fake it fill ins are getting better.

So, my feedback from the local dealer and a few others is that folks are trading up. Still only sell around 100-150 in the US and maybe 30 in the UK. But they did take my suggestion to set up some preset banks with some new samples. This is the NEW PIPES that get used for the classical demo section. Notice that 6 are classical and 5 are theatre. I didn't hear any of the 5 theatre presets being used. Tom worked through US 2 and UK 3 for his theatre songs.

I have played the Aria and having 11 presets with new samples isn't much of a start. The 32 genius theatre voices are the same as prior models. Only a few new voices for the Aria including a new Al Hirt Trumpet and flute.

So, my Sterling gives me the fun of a Lowrey when I am in the mood. But until the sound set is improved, a few new samples will not interest me in an upgrade.

Please do listen to Tom Horton's recent video on Lowrey organ sounds. The Lowrey does a nice job once you get past the presets and use the drawbars. The strings and diapason modes yield some very useful registrations.

Take Care Everyone
                    Ron Wilson in Indy
                    Allen R311, Lowrey Sterling, Roland 80-SL, Hammond Elegante & BV, Technics SX-FN3 & Too Many Keyboards...

Comment

Does anybody know how much we should expect to pay for an Aria Pro in the UK?

Comment

It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RogerM View Post
                              I think you’re an ‘x’ missing.
                              quite possibly......

Comment

Anyone buying a Lowrey new must be crackers.

Comment

Working...
                                X