No announcement yet.

Hammond xt100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't like the Rotosonic drum's sound, then the leslie to look for is the 720. The rotary speaks through a 10" woofer and the usual rotor, plus the treble horns. Bass on later multi channel organs always goes through the stationary channels so that goes to a 15" woofer with a couple of treble speakers (8"?) handling the highs. A very gutsy cabinet.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

They certainly have some guts do 720 leslie, I can still remember one female singer who said I had had deafened her with it, think phrase used was "permanent hearing damage". I also prefer the lower drum in 720 to rotosonics but the 822 are still good leslies.
      The rare 412 model also has a normal lower drum but not many about not seen one for sale for some time.

Comment

720 could be the way to go then. Once I've acquired a suitable replacement I will look at options. I personally do like the "mechanics" of a true Leslie over simulation, but the headphones are a useful feature, in particular as my good wife is not a fan of the organ! (Too much "old man music" apparently).
        I recall the HL822 belting out too, as likewise it would make my accompying musicians work up a sweat. Good times!

Comment

I like 720 models and am always on the lookout and they are a rare speaker now, most got sold to social clubs and had a hard life. After one at present from a club but reluctant to sell but not giving up easily going to keep on at them.
          The 822 are also loud speakers, be interesting to measure sound levels see which is the loudest I would put money on 720 actually.

Comment

See about the same price for at XT100 and a Orla GT9000 or XE2 and a Orla Compact (think its's equal to 9000 model) with a loose pedal boards. XE200 is more expensive than these.
            I assume that both the XE2 and the Orla compact could be connected to a 25 pedal board via midi? Will Expression pedal work?

What may be pros and cons with these hammonds compared to the Orlas? I would guess that the Orlas are somewhat newer but Hammond have all the drawbars. Neither have aftertouch.
            If it's possible to exchange the loose 13 pedal board with a midi 25 pedal board it could have been interesting to get 2x61+25 (a 25 midi pedal may be more expensive than the organ though).

Comment

I think the orla vs hammond its more case of which sounds you prefer, some prefer one some the other, I like hammond the orlas are ok but to me hammonds just better. If you want full pedals then the XH200 console is one to consider got good spec and the full keyboards/pedals.

I know you can make a custom 25 note pedalboard for the xe models, dont think there is a standard one available.

Comment

Comment

Also, does it matter if the Organ does eventually break down, for the money they are selling for now, just buy another. Luckily though, I am in a part of the UK that has a technician that knows Hammond's, and Yamaha's. and given there are still plenty of working XT/XH Hammonds on the market finding another won't be such a problem. Also, the Hammonds are workhorses and well made so most problems should be an easy fix. There are few modern organs on the market now anyway as the market is relatively dead, so, all of them are becoming obsolete. So long as there are plenty of them on the market, finding parts should not be too difficult. They don't sell parts for Yamaha EL's any more but there are loads of them on the market too.

Have seen quite a few XT/XH Hammond's around so if you want me to keep my eyes open for one I will.

Best of luck

Comment

Thanks ButterFingers that does make sense. XE200 I think is the way to go as more recent than XT. There are a couple advertised at present which I'm following with interest. Could use one being advertised closer to Essex though as most, including other makes, do seem to be north of the country.

I'd appreciate if you do hear of anything to let me know please, which is a kind offer.

Thank you

Comment

Well, finally found an xe200se, purchased and hope to collect some time next week. Will give me an opportunity to take my T500 and Aurora "off the road" so to speak and finally bring them both up to my desired standard. Also, hook up my Leslie 145 to the T500.

That's the plan anyhow, but likely I'll be spending my spare time enjoying the XE!

Comment

Hurrah! You’ll love it.

Comment

You're right Seamaster, it is quite something. Put together today as was transported in two parts. Wading through the user manual at the moment as have only used the readily available presets. Also came with quite a few discs of registrations which is nice. So far, very impressive and worth the wait I believe. I will need to fabricate a better music stand as the wire one is pretty basic. I'm thinking along the lines of the full width perspex type of the SE which I can fabricate, but may add a led light strip to the base.

Comment

Working...
                          X