No announcement yet.

Yamaha Electone E 70. Does it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Electone E 70. Does it worth it?

Hello!

My name is Sebastian and I live in Argentina.

I'm getting into the word of Vintage Organs. Searching on the internet, I came up with a beautiful Yamaha E 70 Electone. The thing is that piece have some missing parts.

First, the pedals, some knobs (this is not critical, but I will have to find a replacement), and, IMHO, the main amplifier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-09-29 at 11.57.36.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	615378

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-09-29 at 11.35.53.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	615379

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-09-29 at 13.34.36.jpg
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	615380

About the missing amplifier, I'm guessing, because I don't have anything to compare with.

I'd like to make you some questions.

First: Do you have the service manual of this unit?

Second: The amplifier of this unit is really missing?

Third: Does it worth it to buy it? The price is 5000 argentinian pesos (something like 120 usd). I have to ship the unit, so the price might double. We are talking about 200 usd maybe.

Please help me if you can. Any answer will be apreciated.

Thank you so much! Cheers!

1) We have a dedicate section of the forum to ask for service manuals - ask for one there, and search to see if someone has already posted a link to the manual.

2) With all those heatsinks in the bottom photo, I'd guess that the amps are there. But it's hard to see from the photo. The organ looks like it is in poor condition.

3) Do you want an organ to play, or just something to mess around with and convert into something like a synthesizer? If you want an organ to play, then no it's not worth thinking about. No pedals, no bench and you don't even know if it's working properly. A pedalboard would be very hard to find and would probably cost a lot more than $200. A bench might cost just as much.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I cheked twice and the amplifier seems to be there. I want to dive into the word of vintage synthesizers. When I say vintage, I mean good vintage. And this E70 fits my expectatios. And it has the bench! It works with an external amplifier.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-09-30 at 19.40.11.jpg
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	606471

I wanted to know if the price was right.

I know that I will have to rebuild it from scratch, But its a challenge and I want to take it! There are no many units in my country and the price for an E3 in good condition is 10 times higher.

Thanks for your answer!

Comment

The big black heat sinks in the photo are all part of the power supply. The E70's two power amps (not shown in the photo) are mounted side by side (also with heat sinks) on the side panel directly below the metal digital circuit board cage.

Joe

Comment

The main amplifier can be seen in this picture.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-09-29 at 13.34.38.jpg
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	606472

Although, the tremolo amplifier seems to be missing.

Comment

Yes, one of the amps is missing.

Comment

So, what do you think? Does it worth it? I have to add that this kind of Organs are really rare to be seen here in my country.

Comment

Hi Sebastian,

I am very familiar with the E70. The organ pictured looks very rough, like it was exposed to moisture and has water damage/mildew. (I noticed the particle board on the black tremolo unit is flaking away) Parts are already missing, and this model is full of custom Yamaha IC's, especially in the digital cage. I imagine these types of organs are not as plentiful in Argentina as they are here in the USA. Honestly, I would only consider buying this organ if it were complete and fully functional.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                X