X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orangeflipflop
    replied
    I was actually going to get a conn not too long ago, but the darn thing sold before I could go see it!
    I don't remember what model it was... Serenade maybe?
    I'll keep an eye out of nearby organs, and ask about the interesting ones.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied
    It will do a theatre-ish sound, certainly enough to get started playing that style, though I'd be looking around for a Conn if you want something nearer to theatre organ. And eventually you'll want a console organ with either 25 or, better, 32 pedals, of course. Conn, Rodgers, Allen - that sort of thing. Look for a Conn 580, three manual spinet, brilliant organ.

As for the weight, there's a lot of wood there, so expect something around 250lbs / 120 kg.

Leave a comment:

• Orangeflipflop
    replied
    Good to know, its a bit better than I thought!
    As for semi-pro, I mostly want to start learning about theater organ playing, I've owned a Baldwin, a small one at that, and it just wasn't cutting it. I mean that it's not just another "fun machine" or if it can be used well for most theater music?
    I knew the value of these would be low, most Kimballs (and many other home organs sadly) are next to worthless.
    By the way, do you know how much one of these weighs?

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied
    Bad? It's a higher end Kimball and much of the voicing will therefore be very similar, or identical, to the top of the range models. Decent set of Tibias and a leslie (or clone) rotary. Mushy strings, not Mantovani or a symphony orchestra but 'theatrical' and they'll blend OK with the tibias. Rhythms and automatics are OK for the era but not special.

Fun? Yes. Semi-pro? Depends what you mean by that. What kind of use are you thinking of?

Value? Free or thereabouts is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Orangeflipflop
    started a topic Kimball Paradise Info?

Kimball Paradise Info?

Hi! I've seen some Kimball Paradises here and there, most go for next to nothing, and I've been wondering, how bad can they possibly be? Does anybody on here own one, (or has anyone owned one in the past) that has a stop list or some pictures? Though the listings have pictures, they leave a lot to be desired. I know it's not a Xanadu, Imagination, none of that. But, I'm looking for something thats both semi-professional and fun, and this fits the criteria. Thanks!
Working...
X