X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard Oragn (V-console)

Hello!
    Anyone play the keyboard organ? Yamaha?, Korg, Ketron?
    This seems interesting for Tyros or Genos keyboard.
    https://www.tyrosmagic.com/v-console-details
    Anyone tested this? Perhaps anyone of our UK friends knows the developer?
    Although still seems to be a bit of a fuss to connect different keyboards and I guess the distance between keyboards will be larger than on an organ.

Not sure whether or not to move this to Keyboards rather than Home Organs, as it touches on both.

John Beesley has been around in the UK organ and keyboard scene for years. Left for a while then came back. He knows his onions, as we say over here!

I've not come across anyone who has put this on their Tyros or Genos yet, most seem to be happy with they keyboards just the way they are. There has been some discussion of this software on the Yamaha keyboard forums, of course. The idea of expanding the capabilities of the instrument seems sound enough but I think there will be a heck of a lot of programming and setting up required - hence the inclusion of lots of 'factory' set-ups. And yes, if you start plugging in extra keyboards, pedals etc, it's even more to set up and the keyboards will indeed be too far apart for proper organ playing (ie with the ability to bridge between keyboards). My other concern is polyphony, start layering lots of sound on two keyboards and pedals and then play chords and add a backing style. Will you reach the limit?
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
      Not sure whether or not to move this to Keyboards rather than Home Organs, as it touches on both.

John Beesley has been around in the UK organ and keyboard scene for years. Left for a while then came back. He knows his onions, as we say over here!

I've not come across anyone who has put this on their Tyros or Genos yet, most seem to be happy with they keyboards just the way they are. There has been some discussion of this software on the Yamaha keyboard forums, of course. The idea of expanding the capabilities of the instrument seems sound enough but I think there will be a heck of a lot of programming and setting up required - hence the inclusion of lots of 'factory' set-ups. And yes, if you start plugging in extra keyboards, pedals etc, it's even more to set up and the keyboards will indeed be too far apart for proper organ playing (ie with the ability to bridge between keyboards). My other concern is polyphony, start layering lots of sound on two keyboards and pedals and then play chords and add a backing style. Will you reach the limit?
      What had me was it runs on Windows 10 I HATE windows 10 and I wouldn't touch it with a 10foot cattle prod

Comment

Windows? Is that thing still going?

Comment

I really do find it quite amazing how people that have never purchased a product predict with self authority that it is very involved and difficult to set up and why on earth is it presumed that the keyboards will be too far apart to play properly. I purchased one of these second hand last year as i have severe glaucoma in both eyes which makes it very difficult to read the screen and button functions and it is really just plug in and play - just connect keyboards tablet and pedals using supplied cables as instructed with the instructions which also tells you how to set up the midi which again is plug and play as the midi template is supplied and does the work for you you can then enjoy using the keyboard/s/pedals (it can be used with one keyboard if desired) as simply as you would have done using a vintage Electone. All the tabs are shown on the tablet and you can mix and match to your hearts content without having to concern yourselves with folders etc. There are also many optional features available (but not obligatory) to tailor the sounds and effects exactly how you want them to sound) Best is to visit a show/exhibition where this is being demonstrated and not make negative comments until you have actually had the developer explain what it does and how it does it. Bringing the keyboard keys closer together is relatively easy either buy a new or secondhand TRX stand or design one for yourself out of 4 pieces of black ash covered chipboard and put it on a flat bed stand which you can buy for a few quid - easy - but only if you want to of course! Happy Christmas everybody.
          PS I have absolutely no connection with the developer.

Comment

Hello FourEyes!

It's nice to hear you had a good expericene with this interesting product.
            Do you use it with bass pedals also?
            May I ask what lower keyboard you use? Genos or Tyros?
            Merry Christmas to you too.

Comment

Hello ToH
              Top keyboard can be Tyros or Genos and my bottom keyboard is Yamaha NP31 Piaggio piano which is used to control the sounds from the top Yamaha sounds to top/bottom keys and pedals. My pedals are Ketron although this is often demonstrated using Hammond pedals. Yamaha now have the NP32 piano on the market which I understand uses different plug/socket orientation I can only assume that the V Console designer has available connections for this in his kit and am sure an email or phone call to them would confirm. Best regards and Happy Christmas.

Comment

You can play with auto accompaniment Off and just the drums On? It's not needed to go in to any mixer and turn Off part by part except for drums?
                Perhaps this is a general keyboard question and not a V-console question? I don't have a keyboard, so I don't know how they operate, only an organ.
                I play upper, lower and pedals with drums only and no other style parts and quite rarely would like to have any auto accompaniment.

Comment

Can change anything you like it makes everything flexible must admit i haven't gone into changing anything as you describe but search Tyros Magic on Google and click the link from the website to the V-Console then watch all his videos on there and also on Youtube and then send him an email and I'm sure he will come back to you with answers and more - Best regards

Comment

Working...
                  X