This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldwin 41

Hay guys I've got couple questions. Im gitting a Baldwin model 41.....does anyone know anything about these...are they or is it worth gitting..the guy is giving it away..and its all tubes..and it works..somewhat bass pedals are needing cleaned or something..not sure I've never work on a baldwin are they any good.???.and it worth picking up its 1 mile from my house..lol..PS.I'm mainly a Hammond man myself...

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone with advice and know anything let me know soon cause Hes going Git rid of it thanks..
    M3(3).M103(3)-M101(1)-L112(1)-L122(1)-(1)H182.H345(1)T312(2)-T582(1)-16462-(1)Aura(1)-C2-with 122 Leslie(1)-CV with D20 cab.(1)710Leslie(1).Thomas Stereo church organ(1).Lowery Deluex(1)kimball swinger 1000.(needs fixed)

Well, free is always good, but you do know how old this is, don't you? 1956!

As such, unless it's had a full restoration in the fairly recent past, there will be a heck of a lot of work to do on it and 'bass pedals needing a clean' probably means that they aren't working at all - a lot more work. It's a small Baldwin spinet and the general consensus is that smaller Baldwins usually come into the category of 'buzzy Baldwins', lacking the richer sound of the larger models. I've never played one of these, I doubt if we ever had one in the UK as the home organ market hadn't really started over here at that time. So I can't confirm the tone of this one - maybe there's a US member who has one. What I can say for sure is that it will never have any financial value, so the restoration will be a labour of love. So if you were thinking about trying to make a few bucks out of it by fixing it up, you almost certainly won't be able to do so!

Personally, I'd give it a wide berth but if it's free and you have the transport available, then get it, have a look and see if it's salvageable. If yes, and you want a project, then go for it and tell us how you get on. If not, it has one last journey to make. However much we like our 'oldies', there comes a point where it just isn't worth it.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Hay andyg..how u doing..nice to see some one answering me for a change...but yah the organ does WORK believe it or not and thanks for the year of it wow I have qit a few oldies. Around but yes the only thing seems wrong with it is the pedal system and a few work only like 3 of them but I can fix that easy..just needs some contact cleaner..and the only other thing needneeds fixed is the bright switch pot.I need to either fix it or put a new one I. There..so I guess its a go for me to Git this thing.I really like the color of it never seen or had a blonde organ so it will be a good have around piece for me u know...oh well talk more when I Git it...thanks for the answer..
      M3(3).M103(3)-M101(1)-L112(1)-L122(1)-(1)H182.H345(1)T312(2)-T582(1)-16462-(1)Aura(1)-C2-with 122 Leslie(1)-CV with D20 cab.(1)710Leslie(1).Thomas Stereo church organ(1).Lowery Deluex(1)kimball swinger 1000.(needs fixed)

Comment

Working...
      X