This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond XE2

I have acquired a Hammond XE2. Last of the Hammond home organs.

It came with the Expression Pedal and a bench but the Seller wanted to keep the Hammond XPK100 pedalboard. I have teamed it up with my Roland PK5 pedals. I want eventually set it up with a Hammond 25 note console pedalboard.

My first impression is that it seems like quite a capable little unit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XE2 Full Crop.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	650245

It is indeed a very capable instrument. Good drawbar sounds, of course, though the 'digital leslie' is not up to the standard of the latest ones. It does the job OK! Non-organ sounds are good. I don't think Hammond were after ultra-realism, though, and the result is that you can blend things together nicely. Automatics are OK, the styles are basic-ish and they don't overpower what you're doing.

I had one at home for a short while when I reviewed it and then used it in concert a couple of times, courtesy of Hammond UK and really enjoyed it. Adding the 25 note board (and a console bench) won't be cheap, but will put the icing on the cake.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Loved mine, regret selling it.

You're lucky to have the full length music rest, an option rarely specified as it was a king's ransom new.

Comment

• beaufighter
        beaufighter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes a good organ this one and am pleased with mine which only came with the "coat hanger" music rest. However, easily sorted with a strip of aluminium angle and 10mm black perspex. Now I have a full length, and strong, music rest with a light attached.

Mine is on a leslie 822, but its just single keyboard version with pedals still sounds superb.

Comment

seamaster,

Originally posted by seamaster View Post
        Loved mine, regret selling it.
        Didn't you have a forum signature proclaiming your ownership of a Hammond? It's (recently?) gone. What do you have now?

Roger
        Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
        Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

• RogerM
          RogerM commented
          Editing a comment
          Oops, no, it wasn't you. Sorry.

• RogerM
          RogerM commented
          Editing a comment
          Admin,

Why did my last comment appear as a full reply rather than a comment?

• RogerM
          RogerM commented
          Editing a comment
          Admin,

Oh, I see now. It shows as a comment under ‘Posts' but as a reply under ‘Latest Activity'. I'll pursue this with you in a new thread.

I'm between organs, you might say. Just my Roland E-80 arranger at present. I keep jonesing the new Hammond XK-5 console, but I don't think my apartment neighbours would enjoy a Leslie 3300, which I'd have to have too.

Comment

• RogerM
          RogerM commented
          Editing a comment
          Shame about the neighbours 😔
      Working...
      X