Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conn differences between Types (001, 002, 003)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conn differences between Types (001, 002, 003)

Quick question. I am going to order a service manual for my Conn 465. What was the difference between different Conn organ models as applies to the label "Type 001" or "Type 002" etc on the nameplate/service manual? Major differences or not enough for there to be issues with using a "type 001" service manual for a "type 002" for example (in this case the auction ends a day before I can retrieve the organ from storage and double check which one it is)?

Thanks,

-Max
    Last edited by Max the Icie Owner; 04-03-2019, 06:02 PM.
    Baldwin: D421A; Allen: ADC-220 - 1986; Conn: 465 Deluxe Caprice w/pair of 144 pipe speakers; Kimball: R-80 Broadway, S-20 Valencia III; Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed Organ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lots of synths, accordions, stringed instruments, percussion, etc.

In most cases the "type" is simply a "revision" of a model. The original would be type 1, a slightly updated version type 2, etc. But in some cases, the same basic model was offered in more than one configuration. For example, the model 830 3-manual classical was offered in a type 1, which was a blind preset version, and a type 2, which had a setterboard with moving tab action. I think there was also a type 3 later on, with some other new feature added. (I could be mis-remembering the order of the model numbers, but you get the idea.)

With your 465, the different "type" numbers probably refer to occasional changes in the design that were large enough to warrant a different service manual, but not large enough to call it a different model number. You should be sure to get the right manual for your type, but you may find that one manual covers them all, or that there is a manual for the "original" version and a supplement for the subsequent revisions or types.
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• Max the Icie Owner
      Max the Icie Owner commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I lucked out. Organ is at home with me now, and it is indeed a type 1, which was what the manual that I ordered was for. :-)

Service manual has arrived. Thank you. Will begin the cleaning when I can.
    Baldwin: D421A; Allen: ADC-220 - 1986; Conn: 465 Deluxe Caprice w/pair of 144 pipe speakers; Kimball: R-80 Broadway, S-20 Valencia III; Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed Organ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lots of synths, accordions, stringed instruments, percussion, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X