Which model Kawai is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which model Kawai is this?

Image attached. Did a quick good search but didn't see any Kawai organs with the manuals lined up like this rather than offset. Anyone know which model it might be and if it's worth picking up?

Thanks!

It is a E600 from the seventies. Specs see: https://www.pinterest.de/pin/381680137168283350/
    Owned Philips Philicorda, Viscount Fair Lady and Cabaret de Luxe, Hohner Virtuos, Yamaha electone c-605. Now playing Hammond Aurora Classic, Technics GA3 and Roland G-800.

Comment

Thanks! Anyone have experience with this or similar models?

Comment

E600W - pre 1978 version, probably 1976/77. Relatively few around, the W standing for 'white' in this case. What do you need to know?
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Those coloured tabs reminded me of my beloved kawaii e500a spent many hours on as a child over 40 years ago. Had revolving speaker and a very basic synthesiser tab you could change cut off frequency on. The thythm buttons could be pressed in multiples I recall. Also think it had a knee lever for sustain.
          Have owned more instruments in the last fourty years than I can count on my fingers AND toes.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC8qRILdh96HOzptwL42rOvQ

Comment

E600 was basically a full console E500, so the spec was almost identical. You could make some interesting rhythms when you mixed the buttons, especially if you added a waltz to a march or something like that! The E600's Player Sound synth section was a little bigger than the E500 IIRC.
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Working...
            X