Yamaha Organ Batteries ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha Organ Batteries ?

One thing that could have rung the end to my Orla RX620 was failure of the Batteries which would then destroy the board. So would like some info regarding the Yamaha HS8. EL90. and Ar 100. Would like to know if Batteries are still available, If easily fitted or require soldering which I believe the Orla ones Did. Have the AR100 instructions but can see no mention of Battery. Hope you can help as bearing mind the age could be end of some of these.

I've torn my HS-8 apart many times - never seen a battery in it.

Comment

Thanks was hoping there is not one.

Comment

Can anyone help with other two models I mentioned .

Comment

There must be something that keeps the internal memory for things like registration presets backed up. If not a battery, then what? "Super Capacitor", as used on some instruments.

The previous FX series all had a battery/capacitor for registration memories, and I don't think the EL and AR series are into to era of non-volatile Flash RAM.
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

• diagnoser
            diagnoser commented
            Editing a comment
            I turned on my EL40 today only to find it no longer has the eight presets I had previously set up, is there a battery on one of the board to hold the memories ?
            Last edited by diagnoser; 05-06-2019, 03:08 PM.

I turned on my EL40 today only to find it no longer has the eight presets I had previously set up, is there a battery on one of the board to hold the memories ? Any ideas anyone.

Comment

I too don't think that the EL series has a backup battery. There is probably, as noted above, a capacitor that holds memory over a relatively short term. If the organ is unplugged for a considerable amount of time that capacitor likely discharges, erasing presents.

Comment

1 F, 5.5 volt super capacitor that charges only when the organ is turned on. Located on DM board.
              td

Comment

Thanks it's nice to know these things.

Comment

Working...
                X