Lowrey Carnival Organs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowrey Carnival Organs

This seems to have been a line that lasted for many many years with many different models. Does anyone have any history to share about them? Was there an L-10 model? Do you know if any have midi out? Thanks.

Also, is anyone familiar with Lowrey Pageant organs? Do you know if they have midi ports?

Comment

No MIDI on the Pageants. M-150, M152, and M-155.
      L-10 was from 1977 so no MIDI. Likewise E-60, E100, L-100, and L-105 Carnivals
      td

Comment

Accurate info as always from Tucsondave, nothing I can really add to the details. Like car manufacturers, Lowrey would use the same name many times. Holiday, Lincolnwood, Heritage, Festival to name just a few. Sometimes it was for a model that held a particular spot in the range, Holiday being a good example. But in later years, they just recycled the names any old how, with Festival being applied initially to a wonderful tube based console model, and latterly to an OK, but less than spectacular Japanese sourced spinet.

Several of us are trying to put together a definitive 'Mother of all Lists', with details and photos of every electronic and electric organ we can think of, but it's a mammoth task and it may well have to wait until we've all retired and have more time on our hands!
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Several of us are trying to put together a definitive 'Mother of all Lists'
          Now this sounds really interesting. Do you intend to share a „draft“ version some time? I started to collect pictures from e.g. ebay of organs that I find most interesting, too (mainly of manufacturers I used to play myself).
          Owned Philips Philicorda, Viscount Fair Lady and Cabaret de Luxe, Hohner Virtuos, Yamaha electone c-605. Now playing Hammond Aurora Classic, Technics GA3 and Roland G-800.

Comment

We are a long way from a draft version right now and, to be honest, it's not something that we're going to work flat out on until all of of us have more time. We want to do it right, and although we know it will never be truly 'complete' we want to get it as complete as we can and make it THE resource, so we need more info, like older copies of Blue Book (1970s), more brochures and photos etc. More photos will always be welcome, especially of more obscure makes and models. We will release some details once we get going in earnest.
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Working...
            X