This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas trianon 6280

I'm looking for a replacement amplifier for my Thomas organ. The existing amp caught fire....
    Thanks

Sadly, there's probably no chance of finding one, other than cannibalising another 6820 that's died for another reason.

When you say 'caught fire', do you mean it literally burst into flames (very rare) or just let out what we tend to call 'magic smoke', when components overheat and burn? If the latter, it may be possible to identify the damaged components and replace them.

I've moved the thread into a better section. Home Organs is where it belongs, even though the console is theatre-style. Should get more views and maybe more responses there.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

The amplifier chassis on that era of Thomas organs includes the transformer that provides the basic power supply for the entire organ as well as the expression potentiometer. But the amplifier sections are just a basic power amplifiers--if that's the only function that is missing, you can substitute any 2 channel power amp of about 40 to 60 watts or more per channel.

Comment

A better description of what happened is needed. What exactly "caught fire" ? You can get suitable replacement parts from a Paramount on up to a Celebrity. Also, suitable replacement transistors can be found at "nteinc.com" and they can cross most Thomas part numbers, including the TO-3 style outputs. If the volume pot's plastic gear and toothed arm parts were ruined, I have replacement s you can have for the cost of postage PM me if interested. Best of luck!
        Over the years: Hammond M3, BC, M102, B3, four X77s and three PR-40s, a Thomas Electra and a Celebrity, three Fender Rhodes, Roland HS-10, HP-2000, HP-600, RD-600, JV-880, a thing made by Korg (?), two Leslie 910s, 122, 257, 258, 247, two 142s, and three custom-built Leslies. Wow, way too much money spent!

Comment

Working...
        X