This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viscount BX-60 organ

I received a call form someone with a Viscount BX-60. Upon plugging in a song cartridge, it stopped working. Only two led's are lit. Power on thump from amp.
    They don't want to put any money into it so were wondering if there is a factory reset that might bring it back to life. A web search reveals nothing. Almost as if this organ never existed.
    I will pass along any thoughts including any from Seamaster. :-)
    td
    Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

I'll ask on the Vintage Organ Facebook group. We have an expert on Italian organs there. I think Seamaster will be spot on in this case, though. :D
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I make no apologies for simply wanting to save the good people of this forum any unnecessary heartache.

Comment

Nothing much so far, but here's a link to a service manual for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Viscount-Electronic-Organs-Schematic-Diagram-BX-30-BX-40-BX-50-BX-60-BX-70-/254197837056?
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Molte grazie, andy
          The Viscount service manuals I have do not have any reset procedures. I have since found out that the song cartridges are keyed but the slot is not. It's possible the organ was destroyed or simply a fuse was blown, but the owner doesn't want to put any money into it.
          ciao,
          td
          Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

Comment

Working...
          X