Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha FX 20 & Leslie Speaker Issue...

This is my childhood organ. I recently brought it home. My father has unfortunately aged out of playing and has officially passed it on to me. She's in perfect shape and plays as well as the first day we bought her brand new. However, I need a little help with the connection between the Yamaha FX 20 & my existing Leslie. The Leslie is a 720/540 combo with 11 Pin adapter. The organ is equipped with an 11 pin Leslie connection. It should be plug and play! Unfortunately, I can't get sound from the connected pair... I've checked the headphone remote switch on the back of the organ, as the owners manual suggested. It's off. Still no sound other than staticky noises. I'm stumped any suggestions? The Leslie plays perfectly through my Hammond Elegante.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4B86F216-57FD-4E28-B67F-B40AB006B2D0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	663042

Does the leslie power on when the organ is powered on, if so do the motors work ok, nothing from either leslie or main channels ?

Comment

Originally posted by tobeycat2007 View Post
      Does the leslie power on when the organ is powered on, if so do the motors work ok, nothing from either leslie or main channels ?
      Yeah, the motors work. I can plug in directly into my Elegante which sits beside it and it plays just like it should. I plug the Leslie into the Yamaha and nothing... I don't get it! I might need to blow some compressed air into the connection and clean it out. Lots of dust in that area. Might even rub a little contact cleaner on the plug contacts itself and inside the connection, with a Q tip. I can't think of anything else unless there's a bad fuse somewhere...

Comment

I have an FX-20 also, and a Leslie 710, and an adapter for 11 pin to 9 pin cabinet. I have never gotten around to trying them all together yet - FX is buried in the back corner of my shop. So I guess I can't be of much assistance at the moment, but I will be watching your progress here.

The one thing I do know for sure is that my adapter box has a power cord that needs to be plugged in for it to send power to the 9 pin cabinet. Yours does too ? I don't know Leslie models that well, so do not know what the 720 / 540 requires.

I hope you get it sorted out.
        Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 !!! ), E-5AR, FX-1 ( X 2 !! ), US-1, EL-25 ( Chopped ). Allen 601D, ADC 6000D. Lowrey CH32-1. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with Vista ), Allen L123 ( with Navigator ). Rodgers 755. 1919 Wangerin 2/7 pipe organ.

Comment

THe 710 will need its own power feed hence the power to the box, the 720 has built in power connector like all 11 pin models. Its puzzle why its not working on the yamaha, can only think its issue with organ connector should work just as it does on the hammond sounds like leslie is fine.

Comment

Working...
          X