Atelier Music Assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atelier Music Assistant

Can someone please job my memory as to how I go about loading an unscrambled name list into the Music Assistant? I have the files, but have forgotten the procedure.

Thanks in advance.
    Current: Roland AT-900/ATUP-EX, Rodgers 340 Century, Wersi CD700T Spectra
    Past: Rodgers 321 Trio, Conn 552 Theaterette, Hammond RT3/122/HR40, Thomas/Heathkit GD-325D, Hammond S6

Terry, plug in your jump drive with the Music Assistant file. On your organ, press Reset+Play/Stop+Variation 1. A new screen will come up on the touch screen, press Import.

Terry S.

Comment

Thanks, Terry. I remember now, (and that Reset+Play/Stop+Variation 4 works too). Except that neither works since I set SW2-6 to Off, to default to Platinum mode. I just get a 'Failed' message when I try. I wonder if this has worked for anyone with a true Platinum instrument. Andy?
      Past: Rodgers 321 Trio, Conn 552 Theaterette, Hammond RT3/122/HR40, Thomas/Heathkit GD-325D, Hammond S6

Comment

BTW, I've tried both MA900EXDOM.TXT in DOM mode, and MA900EXUSA.TXT in US mode. Both fail.

Comment

Originally posted by terryp View Post
          Thanks, Terry. I remember now, (and that Reset+Play/Stop+Variation 4 works too). Except that neither works since I set SW2-6 to Off, to default to Platinum mode. I just get a 'Failed' message when I try. I wonder if this has worked for anyone with a true Platinum instrument. Andy?
          Terry, I am not familiar with this SW2-6 setting. Can you walk me through how to to reset the organ to default to Platinum?
          Thanks!

Comment

I've never used the Music Assistant, so I've never tried doing this. I like cryptic titles, I used to have a running game with Yamaha. I'd solve them, put the answers in the magazine and they'd try to get even more cryptic!
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Originally posted by terryp View Post
              Except that neither works since I set SW2-6 to Off, to default to Platinum mode.Andy?
              Andy, you know how to set an update AT-900 to default to Platinum mode as per TerryP quote?

Comment

I’m not Andy but try this from one of his posts a while back - Hold down the Rotary Slow/Fast, plus rhythm variation buttons 1 and 4 while turning on the power to do this.
                Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
                Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

• terryp
                  terryp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  RogerM's method is what I used to do, until I heard that there's a switch to make it *default* to Platinum, so that you don't have to use two hands every time you turn it on. (Either way, you need to have the ATUP-EX upgrade.)

I you're comfortable getting into the organ, there's an 8-position DIP switch on the right side of the main board, which is under a shield. The sixth switch from the front needs to be switched to OFF (to the right). Before doing that, when turning on without holding the three buttons down, the unscrambled file could be read from a thumb drive using tlstuart's procedure, above. But the organ ignores the file in Platinum mode. I'm pretty sure Andy would find the same thing.

If you DO want to flip the switch, but haven't been inside before, PLEASE PM me for step-by-step instructions and pictures first. In particular, the video cable will pull loose as you lift the keyboard, and could be damaged.

Andy - What magazine are you referring to? Was there a publication especially for Atelier owners?

Comment

• andyg
                  andyg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wrote articles for Keyboard Player magazine in the UK from 1982 to when it closed in 2011. Towards the end, there weren't many organs to review! Roland were one of the few exceptions. Yamaha's cryptic titles went from the easy - Jude Hey - to the punny - To kill a sunrise - to the obscure - Noisy old car. That last one was Chitty Chitty Band Bang.

• terryp
                  terryp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Funny! I remember all the time I put in trying to decipher them via google, before I found out there were corrected files available. The alphabetic search function doesn't help much with the corrupted names!

RogerM, I hope my message went through to you correctly on private messaging. Thanks again. Terry

Comment

• RogerM
                  RogerM commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just seen it. You need to address it to terryp who made the offer of help.

Hi terry - I have sent you a PM. I hope you get it.

Comment

Dave, unfortunately, I didn't get it. Thanks

Comment

• terryp
                    terryp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wrong Terry! I got the PM, and just responded.

Originally posted by tlstuart View Post

Terry, I am not familiar with this SW2-6 setting. Can you walk me through how to to reset the organ to default to Platinum?
                  Thanks!
                  Terry, Roger, and Dave I am still interested in having the information Roger mentioned in his post.

Comment

Tlstuart,
                    My post was self-contained and I didn’t offer any further information. However terryp offered more in his comment and I think you need to address your request to him.
                    Roger
                    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
                    Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

Terry P, are you familiar with the functions of all the 8 DIP switches and what each one of them operates?
                      Can you also send me the step-by-step process for getting into the organ with pictures? Thanks, I would appreciate this.
                      Terry S.

Comment

Working...
                      X