Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tlstuart
    replied
    Thanks Terry, I appreciate your help. I couldn't find any information on the dip switches. Do you have a copy of the service manual? I have been looking for one for a long time without success. Thanks again! Terry S.

Leave a comment:

• terryp
    commented on 's reply
    I sent you a PM.

• tlstuart
    replied
    Terry P, are you familiar with the functions of all the 8 DIP switches and what each one of them operates?
    Can you also send me the step-by-step process for getting into the organ with pictures? Thanks, I would appreciate this.
    Terry S.

Leave a comment:

• RogerM
    replied
    Tlstuart,
    My post was self-contained and I didn’t offer any further information. However terryp offered more in his comment and I think you need to address your request to him.
    Roger

Leave a comment:

• tlstuart
    replied
    Originally posted by tlstuart View Post

Terry, I am not familiar with this SW2-6 setting. Can you walk me through how to to reset the organ to default to Platinum?
    Thanks!
    Terry, Roger, and Dave I am still interested in having the information Roger mentioned in his post.

Leave a comment:

• terryp
    commented on 's reply
    Funny! I remember all the time I put in trying to decipher them via google, before I found out there were corrected files available. The alphabetic search function doesn't help much with the corrupted names!

• terryp
    commented on 's reply
    Wrong Terry! I got the PM, and just responded.

• andyg
    commented on 's reply
    I wrote articles for Keyboard Player magazine in the UK from 1982 to when it closed in 2011. Towards the end, there weren't many organs to review! Roland were one of the few exceptions. Yamaha's cryptic titles went from the easy - Jude Hey - to the punny - To kill a sunrise - to the obscure - Noisy old car. That last one was Chitty Chitty Band Bang.

• tlstuart
    replied
    Dave, unfortunately, I didn't get it. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RogerM
    commented on 's reply
    Just seen it. You need to address it to terryp who made the offer of help.

• Dave00793
    replied
    Hi terry - I have sent you a PM. I hope you get it.

Leave a comment:

• tlstuart
    replied
    RogerM, I hope my message went through to you correctly on private messaging. Thanks again. Terry

Leave a comment:

• terryp
    replied
    Andy - What magazine are you referring to? Was there a publication especially for Atelier owners?

Leave a comment:

• terryp
    commented on 's reply
    RogerM's method is what I used to do, until I heard that there's a switch to make it *default* to Platinum, so that you don't have to use two hands every time you turn it on. (Either way, you need to have the ATUP-EX upgrade.)

I you're comfortable getting into the organ, there's an 8-position DIP switch on the right side of the main board, which is under a shield. The sixth switch from the front needs to be switched to OFF (to the right). Before doing that, when turning on without holding the three buttons down, the unscrambled file could be read from a thumb drive using tlstuart's procedure, above. But the organ ignores the file in Platinum mode. I'm pretty sure Andy would find the same thing.

If you DO want to flip the switch, but haven't been inside before, PLEASE PM me for step-by-step instructions and pictures first. In particular, the video cable will pull loose as you lift the keyboard, and could be damaged.

• RogerM
    replied
    I’m not Andy but try this from one of his posts a while back - Hold down the Rotary Slow/Fast, plus rhythm variation buttons 1 and 4 while turning on the power to do this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X