This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Swinger" organ? What?

There's an organ listed in an ad service for the area I live in and it's listed as a "Hammond Swinger 1600." I'm not familiar with any Hammond with that name. Here's the url http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...cat=&amp;lpid= </p>

Could that be a Kimball Swinger? Not like I'm gonna rush right out in a buying frenzy and snap it up in the next 20 minutes. :)</p>

</p>

</p>

Re: &quot;Swinger&quot; organ? What?

Yes it is a Kimball 1600. And I wouldn't rush after it either!</P>

Andy</P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thanks. I think I'll let that one just slide on by. :) </p>

While I got ya on the line, so to speak, I've heard very little about the Hammond Collonade. I've seen that they were produced in the 70s and apparently have solid-state electronics, but no drawbars. Can ya add anything to that? Are they something worth rushing after? :)</p>

</p>

Comment

Of course Collonades have drawbars! They are quite decent sounding consoles in fact. They do suffer from what we call LSI disease. There are loads of interboard plug-in connectors and you may have to do a fair bit of cleaning up on these to avoid 'rain and thunder' (static and bangs!) and all sorts of odd probems like missing notes etc.</P>

It is a second generation LSI model, though, and many of these fared much better than the earliest LSI organs. For a keen price, it could give you a decent organ!</P>

Andy</P>
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Well, silly me! :) I didn't realize they actually did have drawbars. GSTK. Now I guess I won't steer away from it if one should present the opportunity. I've done enough cleaning of contacts and connectors (I spent 15 years as a computer tech on mainframes) to be kinda familiar with the concept. I think that process solves more intermittent problems than anything else, except maybe grounding issues. </p>

Thanks once again. It appears that my learning curve may be steep...but I'm learning.</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
          X