Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlocking the Yamaha E70

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • West Coast living sounds rough... : )

    Good timing with fall coming, you should be all set to do some wiring in another month or so with any luck...

    Originally posted by mseven View Post
    Hey! Good to be back.

    I've been on family vacation for 10 days. Before that, I hadn't done a thing on those panels since they were cut. A few things got in the way, again. Like sunshine, the beach, you know.

    Also the Victoria Makerspace moved from a barn to the Vancouver Island Tech Park. Now we've had a few weeks to set up, the laser cutter and woodworking machines are up and ready.

    I'm assuming the boards can be planed w/o causing too much damage. They are Baltic Birch plywood, so I don't know yet. I suppose best to ask the expert who cut those panels.

    Comment


    • For Flametop and all other E-70 and E-75/ 7000 owner members just in case you haven't seen my post in the OLD RECORDS thread... Here's an LP record of interest.... Please enjoy
      https://app.box.com/s/j1hd2yz3w2tkmypjwrue

      Comment


      • Hey L

        That's great! A lot of fun. Great to hear what the 7000 sounds like.

        Did you record this from an LP?

        Originally posted by cairns4me View Post
        For Flametop and all other E-70 and E-75/ 7000 owner members just in case you haven't seen my post in the OLD RECORDS thread... Here's an LP record of interest.... Please enjoy
        https://app.box.com/s/j1hd2yz3w2tkmypjwrue

        Just got to Aint She Sweet... I don't know if that's a distinct arrangement, but my older brother had this and it was terribly overplayed...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	beatlestogether.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	590116
        Mark Sutin

        Comment


        • Hey Keyman

          Yes, its rough living here...

          But seriously, its been a rough bit of time for a while.

          It will be good to (continue to) get down to assembling all of this!


          Originally posted by keyman2 View Post
          West Coast living sounds rough... : )

          Good timing with fall coming, you should be all set to do some wiring in another month or so with any luck...
          Mark Sutin

          Comment


          • mseven..yeah this was from an LP (yep vinyl) I bought from USA a week ago. I had nothing in my LP library featuring the E-75.
            You mention the track "Aint She Sweet"..hey I think that was absolutely done to death when we did mall demo's all them yrs ago.
            Actually "Moonglow" also jumps to mind for the same reason too
            I have bought an E-75 from the southern region of Oz...just have to wait for transporter-will arrive around 2-3 weeks from now.

            Comment


            • No doubt we're all equally cheering you on.... 'sis-boom-bah!' (that's the sound of the E series percussion)

              Originally posted by mseven View Post
              Hey Keyman

              Yes, its rough living here...

              But seriously, its been a rough bit of time for a while.

              It will be good to (continue to) get down to assembling all of this!

              Comment


              • Wow, whole LP's featuring specific organs....Groovy stuff!

                Comment


                • Members.. For your pleasure we have just restored the vinyl LP "Mr President Entertains" with Hubert Selby at the 4 manual, 16 Rank Wurli Theatre Pipe Organ of the Gaumont, London recorded in 1976. I met the diminutive and dapper Hubert twice for phototaking and he was such a spritely gentleman. He spent his later yrs retired in Western Australia and visited the Ozzie East Coast for Theatre Organ Society concerts. This is a very relaxed listen. Vinyl surface noise has been reduced but no other alteration of the audio was done. The download is one single file in 320 mp3.
                  I have FLAC avail-just let me know by priv msg for the link. So hope you enjoy this quite special recording. https://app.box.com/s/3mav4fihsvgpwq7sq2d6

                  Comment


                  • Thanks Laurie for the recording.

                    Very enjoyable
                    Mark Sutin

                    Comment


                    • So the new Victoria (BC Canada) MakerSpace is still in complete disarray... the main move-in of all the equipment I think was one month ago. And the new place wasn't ready at all.

                      The place is amazing, so much better than the barn. We have been sanctified!

                      However Canada's wildly overstaffed regulations departments have slowed a typical maker's push for making. In this case simply making the place. Like by putting up drywall, and complicated things like that. /s

                      So for example the planer ain't up yet, nor are any of the other woodshop tools. And the laser cutter (panel lettering) is due for a laser bulb refit.

                      When they are up, the planing and burning of the panels will commence!
                      Mark Sutin

                      Comment


                      • Ahhh, so that's where all the magic is going to happen, lets hope it's sooner than later!

                        Originally posted by mseven View Post
                        So the new Victoria (BC Canada) MakerSpace is still in complete disarray... the main move-in of all the equipment I think was one month ago. And the new place wasn't ready at all.

                        The place is amazing, so much better than the barn. We have been sanctified!

                        However Canada's wildly overstaffed regulations departments have slowed a typical maker's push for making. In this case simply making the place. Like by putting up drywall, and complicated things like that. /s

                        So for example the planer ain't up yet, nor are any of the other woodshop tools. And the laser cutter (panel lettering) is due for a laser bulb refit.

                        When they are up, the planing and burning of the panels will commence!

                        Comment


                        • Maker / Hacker Spaces

                          So I've got the console panels to plane. Then to laser etch the lettering, then paint the letters, sand, stain, lacquer, I guess?

                          I've been working on moving and setting up the new Victoria MakerSpace because this indeed is where it will all happen.

                          Maker / Hacker Spaces are great groups of people - great manifestation of something really good.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05023b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	590388

                          That was 2 months ago. More than half the drywall is up now. What's missing from the pic is the equipment. This photo was before anything was moved in.

                          Picture your dream workshop, and fill it with like-minded people of all areas of expertise...

                          The Victoria Makerspace Google Group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...m/makerspaceca


                          Originally posted by keyman2 View Post
                          Ahhh, so that's where all the magic is going to happen, lets hope it's sooner than later!
                          Last edited by mseven; 10-19-2013, 07:33 PM.
                          Mark Sutin

                          Comment


                          • That's ironic, just mentioned doing the same sort of thing over on the CSY-2A side of the thread - good to do some hands-on stuff every once in a while as well!

                            Originally posted by mseven View Post
                            So I've got the console panels to plane. Then to laser etch the lettering, then paint the letters, sand, stain, lacquer, I guess?

                            I've been working on moving and setting up the new Victoria MakerSpace because this indeed is where it will all happen.

                            Maker / Hacker Spaces are great groups of people - great manifestation of something really good.

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]11578[/ATTACH]

                            That was 2 months ago. More than half the drywall is up now. What's missing from the pic is the equipment. This photo was before anything was moved in.

                            Picture your dream workshop, and fill it with like-minded people of all areas of expertise...

                            The Victoria Makerspace Google Group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...m/makerspaceca

                            Comment


                            • Laser cutter bulb replaced, and apparently the woodwork shop is "together" as of this week.

                              Soon next steps are to test cutting labels on the panel, and plane several milimeters off the bottom of the panels.

                              "Let the good times roll...."

                              I'm so pissed off at everything, but anyways, at least this will be pure sweetness
                              Mark Sutin

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mseven View Post
                                Soon next steps are to test cutting labels on the panel, and plane several milimeters off the bottom of the panels.
                                The unlockage continues....

                                A planing machine took about 2mm off the back of the panels today, so some soldering can begin!
                                Mark Sutin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X