No announcement yet.

Unlocking the Yamaha E70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I send you photos of how I did the work, use some bridges that are on the plate to access the entry point.

Regards.

Alejandro.

Comment

• Alejandro

Ha ha ha, in my last post I blame you for not reading some post's and not always answer on things, well..., maybe its a language thing or your going to fast, and I sometimes change my post's after placing them, maybe my fault ? šŸ˜Œ
      Again, the digital noise generator is your best chance, its not filtered, so truly white noise, place a capacitor on it from 1uf, polyester or something like that, your potentiometer and you don't need the capacitors on the resistors to the voice, its maybe helping the noise to calculate, only 1 for 7 voice's, and make the resistors all the same value, maybe 100k, but try first what you have..and also with de 7 capacitors for the moment.
      Place the potentiometer in this way and give it a try.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1uF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	259.8 KB ID:	753146

Greetings
      Last edited by Ewaves; 01-12-2021, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Hello Ewaves,

I am very attentive to your publications, it is true that the translator sometimes confuses, I realize when I have translated from Spanish to English and I translate into Spanish again, many things lose meaning (would this message have been understood?)
        I'll try that generator tomorrow
        A greeting!

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I did tests with the "digital generator" , it is not white noise it produces, it is a "metallic" noise that is used to make drum cymbals. It is another option that can be added, but it is not the solution.
          Hearing how the "Bass Drum" sounds it is clear that the bass is there ... with my knowledge I look at the RS scheme and I do not understand how it works. I suppose that each small circuit (Bass drum, Conga low, Conga hi ...) is a noise generator, what if I see the differences between some sounds and others, various capacitors and resistors vary depending on the frequencies to be reproduced. .

A greeting.

Alejandro.

Comment

• Yes, you right, I was wrong with the digital noise, I think its a kind of pink noise, have you tried the 1uF capacitor also on the other white noise source's 1 and 2 ?
            This is how its works,

Click image for larger version  Name:	rg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.1 KB ID:	753396
            The upper instruments are the filters for the sounds and trigger in from the rhythm generator from the KCY board, ic14 RHY,
            The middle instruments is the same, but they are mixed with the white noise from left, and with the pink noise from right.
            The lower instruments are the same, but the are triggered by the keyboard true the arpeggio generator, when you played a key, you hear the noise.

So when you hear the bass drum (snare drum), its a mix of sound and noise.

Now the elements who create the noise are the Zener diode's, zd1 and zd2, in combination with the resistors 100K and 120K.
            Sometimes they took transistors instead of the Zener diode's and they are special selected, not because they are good, they are very bad, they are leaking when you put voltage on them, the electrons flow from one substrate to the other, and that creates the noise, the value of the resistors regulate the speed and amount of the electrons and so the timbre of the noise.
            The 2 transistors behind them are amplifying (and filtering) the noise.

That's the reason why not all the synthesizers noise sounds exact the same, later they made a special ic for it, the MM5837, there are a lot of h.f. oscillators in it, who also create a white noise, but that's more controllable and sounds always the same, so they have not to select bad Zener's or transistors anymore.
            And the Zener's and transistors can also chance there spec's over the years.

That's also the reason why I thought the 3e generator was white noise, they were made of 6 digital oscillators who are mixed together.

Its again a messy drawing, but I hope you get the Idea šŸ˜‰
            Last edited by Ewaves; 01-14-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Now you are maybe thinking, great story !!, but what to do with it ?
              Well, as I have told in the beginning, I am not a professional, I am not studying for it, so I can not tell which capacitor is actually filtering or is used as a feedback or whatsoever, I only see the whole picture....

So we will have a look at the CS80....

Click image for larger version  Name:	cs80 noise.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.8 KB ID:	753489

You can see there, they used the same Zener and a resistor from 150K by a voltage of +15V and the other components between the blue lines.
              Now -15V in the E70 is actually the same as +15V, so no problem for that, the Zener is reversed.
              If you look to the E70 you see similarities, there are some things you can try, I already give some suggestions, for Shure to try the 0.047 cap. (47nF)

Click image for larger version  Name:	E70 noise.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.2 KB ID:	753490

If it all not work well, or you chance the drumsounds to much, you can also built the noise generator from the CS80, you can use the same Zener/
              resistor by putting the 0.047 cap next to the existent in parallel.

Here you see also clear the noise amp, the preamp, a VCA and a buffer, they used the VCA to control the volume by the slider and by the resistors in the preset's, so we don't have to used that.
              Maybe we have to chance the preamp if we want to have a negative output voltage if we want to use the sample and hold for the filter, for the bubbling sounds !
              Or you can wait when I start with it ! šŸ˜…

Greetings
              Last edited by Ewaves; 01-15-2021, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Hello Ewaves,

The E70 scheme I understand perfectly, and the Cs80 too, I'm going to do research ... Digital noise is not pink, it is metallic noise, it mimics the waves produced by a drum cymbal.
                Thanks for the explanations!

Greetings to all!

Alejandro.

Comment

• Hello friends!!! 46 "touch monitor for vst control, it is not the authentic thing but it is what it is, I am comparing things from the Arturia CS80 ...

Comment

• Hi Ewaves, I did all kinds of tests with the noise generator, I couldn't make it come out more serious. I know where the other generators are, aren't they?
                    A greeting.
                    Alejandro.

Comment

• No, that are not noise generators, those Zenerdiode's are there to make a solid triggerpulse for the drum units.
                      I think you have to make the CS80 noise generator if you have not enough bass.
                      But the question is also, how real is the noise from the software CS80 ?
                      I think you use a good soundcard for it ?, best result is to filter lowpass and not filtering highpass.

Greetings

Comment

• Since we talked about this ... how can I trigger a drum sound from a pad? Regards.:-B

Comment

• Look at schematic, I don't think its a problem if it is a negative or positive pulse, but I think it must be 15V, same value as the Zener, but you can try 5V.
                          Maybe you can connected the way it is to The drumchip, but not shure if he like that, better disconnect it.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Manual drumtrigger.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	754198

First try out with a wire instead of the switch, put the resistor to - 15V and disconnect the capacitor on the side of the drumschip, solder the wire to the capacitor and touch the wire to ground then you must hear a drumsound.
                          Then connect the resistor to +5V and try the same, later with +15V.
                          If +5V is enough, you can put it to a +5v pad, but you maybe have to place an inverter between it, if the pad give +5v pulses when you press it, like the 74ls04.
                          I hope you understand this.

Greetings

Comment

• Hello Ewaves,

I understand it perfectly, I will do tests,:->
                            if it works, I will trigger the percussion from my invention DMX - MIDI.
                            I've been making adjustments to the percussion sounds and they sound good. B-)

Greetings.

Alejandro.

Comment

• Hello friends ... how's that going? I am quite entertained with the VSTs and the touch screen, learning the most classic things. Regarding the E70 ... I'm making sounds more impressive than ever, I hope to record something and post it on Youtube. If there is any news I would like to know ... greetings!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X