Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# Ooh, depreciation ... #

... as Roy Castle might have sung.

I miss the eBay thread on here, maybe a different one devoted to market pricing/trends in general rather than individual listings will survive being shunted out.

I’ll kick us off with one I spotted this morning: the Lowrey Imperial on the ‘bay for six large. We could never drag a definitive price out of Allens these new, but there was talk of them being well north of £50K. That’s some haircut. If you’re brave (and lucky) these late Lowreys are now trumping the late Orlas for value.

I got £49,950 out of them for an Aria Pro. An Imperial wouldn’t have beaten that, would it?
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

Although older, the Imperial came with a full pedal-board and a full surround sound system built into the seat, so could well have topped the Aria Pro.

Bill

Comment

Maybe then. Imperial 25-note pedal board and bench speakers, Aria Pro 30-note pedal board and no bench speakers.
        Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
        Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

How are the classical and theatre organ reproductions on the Lowery Imperial and Aria Pro? Do they have any fancy Allen-like features like the expression shutter modelling etc?

I wonder if there will ever be cheap Aria Pros though as I reckon they were barely in the double digits production wise...

Comment

Originally posted by nickp82 View Post
            How are the classical and theatre organ reproductions on the Lowery Imperial and Aria Pro? Do they have any fancy Allen-like features like the expression shutter modelling etc?

I wonder if there will ever be cheap Aria Pros though as I reckon they were barely in the double digits production wise...
            Demo on the Allen's Music YouTube Channel here https://www.youtube.com/user/lowreyorgansuk/videos

Enjoy

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X