Yamaha EL70 headphone problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha EL70 headphone problems

Ik have a Yamaha EL70 and a problem with my headphone. I replaced the connector but that didn't solve the problem. When i connect the headphone after a short while a hear a click and then i have only sound at the right side. Who can help me with this problem i guess its a relay but i dont know which board it is.

The headphone relay is RY4 on the PU board, which is located at the back left if the organ.
    There are 4 relays on the board, RY4 is the cornermost one.
    I'm not at home at the moment so no access to my EL90, but I seem to remember 2 clicks on inserting headphone jack. The relays to the loudspeakers drop out first, then RY4 for the headphones energises. I repaired an EL90 where RY4 was not energising due to a 'burst' capacitor in its timing circuit. (Capacitor issues not limited to main power supply smoothing capacitors!) If you are getting one channel sound at headphones it may be a dirty relay contact, or less likely, interboard connectors (CN19 on PU board; 6 way connector in same corner of board as the relay)

Comment

• Helos
      Helos commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for your help, i found the same relay i replaced it and the problem is solved. it is a special audio ralay a normal ralay from an electronic shop is not good enough i guess.

I have a similar problem using headphones on my EL90. One side is scratchy until I play something at high volume, which seams to clear a dirty relay contact - but not permanently. I don't feel it's worth the effort to pull the board for that, but someday, when it's necessary to replace the electrolytics in the power supply, I'll take a closer look.
    Current: Roland AT-900/ATUP-EX, Rodgers 340 Century, Wersi CD700T Spectra
    Past: Rodgers 321 Trio, Conn 552 Theaterette, Hammond RT3/122/HR40, Thomas/Heathkit GD-325D, Hammond S6

Comment

Working...
    X