This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

First off I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Luke and I'm brand new in the world of organs. I recently aqcuired a Galanti Group X365L and i know nothing about it. The first thing i noticed that was wrong with this organ is that one of the pedals was not screwed down correctly inside, I promptly removed the back and had a gander inside, where I found: A safety report written in italian and dated for the 25th of may 1978 (30 years ago today exactly!), two rubber insoles (yuck!) and a rubber stamp belonging to the director of a school.</p>

After Screwing the pedal back in and seeing nothing immediately wrong with it I put everything back together and tried it out, but the pedal still had no obvious effect on anything.I have been informed by a friend that it is the volume control for the upper keys (which would make sense because otherwise it doesnt have one) however if that is its function it doesn't workbecause they currently only play VERY LOUD. </p>

The keys are covered by a roll top and it features the following voices: Flute 16' 8' and 4'. Cello 8'. Violin 8'. Diaposon 8' and Viola 8'.</p>

</p>

It includes a "Drum 8" drum synthesiser and something called A.C.C Mod that i can't really explain but it makes playing very fun! It also has a feature where it palyes a Bass part in one of 8 styles for you.</p>

</p>

I was wondering if anyone else owns one of these organs, or has used one before, and if anyone knows what might be wrong with the pedal that would be great! I'm also curious as to waht it might be worth but i have no intention of selling it as i am in love with it!
    </p>

Re: Hello!

Hi Luke,</P>

Welcome to the fold. Interesting thata couple of old Gem/Galanti models have surfaced in the past week or so. </P>

That volume pedal works on the entire organ, not just the upper manual. There may well be rotary knob controls that let you balance the lower manual and pedals. If the pedal is faulty that might well cause the organ to play at full volume. As for what's wrong, I haven't a clue. You'd probably need the schematics to fault find this and, as I told the other Galanti owner, you probably won't find them. The Drum 8 rhythm unit works, as you've found, with the Acc Mod (accompaniment modulation) button to provide a basic form of auto-accompaniment.</P>

Please don't take this the wrong way, as you obviously like the organ, but it has zero value, working or not. Galanti weren't the best sounding organs back then, and hadreliability and quality control problems - both things they soon sorted out when the ultra reliable Japanese organs started coming in in big numbers in the late 70's - and it's amazing to find one at all these days that's working. It's just not worth spending any real money on it, as organs newer, bigger and better than this are regularly being given away free or sold for pennies.</P>

My advice would be to have some real fun with, as far as it will let you. Once the organ 'bug' has bitten, look around for something better on eBay, Craigslist or in local ads. We'll steer you towards something just right for you!</P>

Andy G</P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Oh wow! I couldn't have hoped for a better response. As I said I am in love with this organ and have no intention of selling it. The fact that it isn't worth anything just gives it even more of a personality! </p>

I'm sure that I'll end up getting a bigger better organ in the future. This one was rescued by a friend when he saw some neighbours putting it in a skip, and now he has given it to me because of space issues.
      </p>

Thank you very much for your help!
      </p>

</p>

Luke</p>

Comment

I'm glad it was saved from the skip and has been given a second chance. Also glad to see that we have another 'new' organist. They say that organists are a dying breed so we need all the people we can get!</P>

Have fun.</P>

Andy</P>
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Hi Luke,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Welcome to the forum. Andy has just about summed it up. I would have another look at this pedal - usually called "Expression Pedal". Before you do – safety first – remove the power plug from the wall outlet. As Andy said, it changes the general volume of the organ. It should have what they call a rotary potentiometer mounted somewhere below the footrest of the pedal. This thing is round, appr. 30 mm in diameter, appr. 10 mm thick and has a shaft coming out of its centre that is rotated by some form of mechanism as the pedal is pushed down (high volume) and rotated back to its origin as the pedal is pushed back (low volume). Make sure this functions correctly. If it does, follow the wiring coming from the potentiometer and check for faulty connections. Sometimes it helps to partially unplug and re-plug wiring harness connectors a few times to re-establish positive contact. Do this first and tell us what happened. Just remember – not all organs apply rotary potentiometers for volume control. But most and especially the cheaper lines do. Some organs use a lamp and a photo cell for this task.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Good luck with this.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Have a musical day,<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-AU; mso-fareast-language: EN-AU; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Skippy </SPAN>
          AS FAR AS ORGANS ARE CONCERNED - I'M A GOOD MECHANIC AND A HOPELESS DRIVER.
          Hammond C3 & M102 & Elegante & PR40. Yamaha D85 & D65 & FS30 & MC600 & GX76. Thomas Celebrity Royale 871, Kawai T5 & E550, Conn 643 & 632 & 552.Lowrey H25R2. Elka EP12. Orla D6180, Wurlitzer 4430 & Omni 7000 & 555. Roland D70 & RA90 . Ferrofish B4000+. Leslie 145 & 705 & 710 & 720

Comment

Working...
          X