Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Carousel Oscillator Trigger Question

Hello,
    I'm trying to figure out how to trigger the oscillators on my Allen carousel from the back of the organ. I'm trying to tune it by myself, so I need a way to activate the note from the back of the console, instead of holding the key. I remember an Allen tech showing me how to do it years ago, but that was on a C-1, and I forget the procedure.

Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,
    Jon

A few pics of the oscillator section. Hope this is helpful.
    Attached Files

Comment

Apply 12 volts to the + end of the keying capacitor for each note. Those light blue electrolytic caps in the second pic are the keying caps.

Best practice is to not apply the 12 volts DIRECTLY to that point, on the off chance that there is a shorted cap or some other malfunction. Instead, put a 100 ohm resistor in series with your clip lead, coming off the 12 volt supply. That will save you from making sparks or ruining a part in the case of a short.
      John
      ----------
      *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Awesome, that's exactly what I needed to know. Sounds like it's time to make a custom test lead.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
        X