X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ringway Organs Demo

Enjoy

Bill

They sound terrific. Pricing will make or break them, of course. And it makes punting Wersis alongside them that sound worse and cost more a very difficult job for Allens.

Comment

They do sound and look good! How do you think they stack up against the Yamaha Stagea? Wish we could get these in the States...

Comment

Any organ still or newly in production is a great thing!
        Certainly sounds very good ... the question is what price do they have? Because they have to compete against lots of great used organs.

But they are not perfect, compared to other organs, in my opinion:
        - No touch screen
        - No drawbars
        - At least on the RS1000 you can not switch the Leslie simulation from slow to fast with the typical acceleration effect. Which is really a severe issue for anyone who likes some „real“ Hammond-ish sounds.
        - As far as I could hear there are no sounds that could compete with Rolands EX or AEX voices (voices that change the sound FUNDAMENTALLY by pressing the key harder or using the Expression pedal to blend in additional sounds). Also Yamaha has a feature like that. Don‘t know about Wersi or Böhm. You can‘t get a realistic guitar without that for example imho.

The „Motion Modulation“ seems the same like Roland‘s „D-Beam“ sensor. Very handy. But I think the positioning is wierd: When you want to press the buttons on the top left of the organ that would trigger the modulation? Wouldn‘t it? On the Roland organs this sensor is on the very left position of the organ which seems more logical to me. Any experiences yet?

Playing Hammond Aurora Classic, Technics GA3, Roland G800 & AT500.

Comment

That organ in the video is nowhere as nice as the real Allen electronic pipe organs.
          “I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.” - Johann Sebastian Bach
          Organs I Play:
          - Allen 2100(T); 1951 M.P. Moller, 3 manual, 55 stop, 28 ranks, (Opus 8152); and 1965 Balcom and Vaughan 3 manual, 34 stops, 25 ranks (Opus 690)

Comment

• AZSteve
            AZSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            That would depend: #1 on your bank account, #2 on the sound(s) you want, #3 Speaker types and arrangements.
            I for one am tired of the very expensive wooden cases (except maybe theater organs) which contribute nothing to the resulting sound.

• andyg
            andyg commented
            Editing a comment
            1) The new Ringways are not meant to sound like an 'electronic pipe organ'. Both are more 'digital orchestra' type instruments and are a big step forward from their previous models. I'd like to see some more organ sounds in there, and digital or real drawbars. And, yes some of the features that we find on the bigger Rolands and the Stageas. If the market demands it, I'm sure that Ringway will make it. Watch this space.
            2) The wooden cases do make a difference in many cases. Speaker systems have improved beyond measure over the years, it's true, but there is, for example, a big difference between the sound of the Roland AT900 'home' version, in its big wooden case, and the AT900C 'portable' version, with its speakers in a pod.

That’s like saying my car is nowhere as nice as a real horse.

Comment

• Philip Powell
            Philip Powell commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha! I really regret saying that now!

Panel layout very reminiscent of Yamaha EL. Presumably not but any known connection?
          Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
          Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

• andyg
            andyg commented
            Editing a comment
            Ringway have followed Yamaha styling before, I can remember seeing some of the first keyboards to come into the UK. Carbon copies of the series that Yamaha had recently discontinued!

Many thanks to Allens for posting this video and keeping us entertained during the lockdown. It does look a very nice instrument but a price would be interesting.
          Allens haven't done any Wersi Sonic videos ,or have I missed them?

Comment

• Seahog
            Seahog commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a price on Allens website for the RS800:- it's £8750 but no price yet for the A2000.

• seamaster
            seamaster commented
            Editing a comment
            That's crackers. I bet they're less than half that trade.

• abacus
            abacus commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty much matches Yamaha prices, plus most things are negotiable in the UK.

Bill

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Many thanks to Allens for posting this video and keeping us entertained during the lockdown. It does look a very nice instrument but a price would be interesting.
          Allens haven't done any Wersi Sonic videos ,or have I missed them?
          No demo videos, but if you go on Allen’s Music Hobby Organist YouTube site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL6...jdl7Jy6mrk9aBQ there is a video showing a customer how to use his instrument. (Day 9)

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill. That’s exactly the sort of video I wanted to see.I used to own a Verona so I can see here the differences the Sonic has.
            I presently have an AT800 which is a fine instrument.
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              Thanks Bill. That’s exactly the sort of video I wanted to see.I used to own a Verona so I can see here the differences the Sonic has.
              I presently have an AT800 which is a fine instrument.
              Colin
              HI Colin

If you have seen my previous posts about Wersi OAX, I no longer recommend it (Even though I have had a number of instruments in the past and still own my Abacus) since the V2.00 update, as pretty much all the voices were reimagined, and to me now sound like a £50 Casio (Listen to the top Wersi artists on pre & post V2.00 models, and not even they can get a decent sound out of post V2.00 models, so the normal player will have no chance) plus there are now duplications in controls as well as a reduction in other controls. (The Wersi sound just doesn’t exist post V2.00)

Unless you can try one yourself, or you can find a used instrument with pre V2.00 software, I would recommend you stick with your Roland, as it blows post V2.00 OAX instruments out of the water. (If you could get a pre V2.00 software model I would take that over the Roland any day of the week, but post V2.00, No way)

As a side note, if you are prepared to make extensive use of VSTs (So you don’t have to bother with the awful post V2.00 sounds) it may still be an option, but considering the amount of money you are paying for a post V2.00 instrument, you shouldn’t need to.

Bill

Comment

• Puddleduck
                Puddleduck commented
                Editing a comment
                Moved to PM
                Last edited by Puddleduck; 05-17-2020, 04:07 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong place.

No-one's actually said it yet, so are these new Ringways offered as the upper-end replacements for Lowrey?

Comment

Originally posted by RogerM View Post
                No-one's actually said it yet, so are these new Ringways offered as the upper-end replacements for Lowrey?
                Looking at the current range that Allen’s stocks, Wersi are the TOTL models, Ringway are MOTL models & Estey are the entry models.
                In truth the Estey models are the true Lowrey replacements as it seems most of the design was done by ex Lowrey engineers, also if you look at the layout and parts used, they are the same as used on the lower level Lowrey.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by abacus View Post
                  In truth the Estey models are the true Lowrey replacements as it seems most of the design was done by ex Lowrey engineers, also if you look at the layout and parts used, they are the same as used on the lower level Lowrey.
                  I suppose we should all just be grateful that illuminated letters over the keys live to die another day.

I swear, if there's ever a nuclear holocaust, the only things that will survive will be cockroaches and illuminated letters over the keys.
                  Last edited by seamaster; 04-05-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• RogerM
                    RogerM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tardigrades.

• musicgeek854
                    musicgeek854 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The first thing from Lowrey that I noticed was the buttons.

Originally posted by abacus View Post

Looking at the current range that Allen’s stocks, Wersi are the TOTL models, Ringway are MOTL models & Estey are the entry models.
                  Yes, I was mindful of the fact that we had concluded in another thread that Lowrey replacements would come from Estey at entry-level and from Ringway at the higher level. The new Ringway models seem to be a natural progression from the existing RS600 and RS1000, bearing no resemblance to anything Lowrey, whereas the new Esteys bear a strong resemblance to the Lowrey EZ range.

I would have thought something would be made of the Lowrey/new Ringway connection if, indeed, it is there. The RS800 has been available in Australia for a year now so it's not that new.
                  Last edited by RogerM; 04-05-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X