New Ringway Organs Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnR View Post
    They do sound and look good! How do you think they stack up against the Yamaha Stagea? Wish we could get these in the States...
    Not sure if you're referring to Ringway or Stagea in the States. Allens Music Centre (UK) is selling the Ringway over the Pond - see https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ringway-RS8...-/324076943316 - and Taro's Trade (Japan) ships the Stagea worldwide - https://www.tarotrade.com
    Last edited by RogerM; 04-05-2020, 02:37 PM. Reason: When I re-read my posts I keep seeing things that aren't what I intended or that I don't like!
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

Interesting developments for sure. Not so sure what folks are willing to pay for these. And Ringway wasn't able to save Music trader's business if I recall correctly. I'm hoping for Ringway to stick around though. And I would like to see the 400 model to get more consideration. For under €2000 probably the better value proposition for many.

Comment

I see yet again that there is a quite widespread view that new Organs should be priced in a range that could be described as "low figure peanuts". I recall the sort of money that I paid some 30 plus years ago for Organs and, adjusted for inflation, the new Ringway RS800 looks to be well within that range. For example, in 1998 a Yamaha EL900 was, my research shows, about $ 11400 or £9325 which equates to about £16500 in today's money. Compared with that £8750 doesn't seem to bad at all for a Ringway RS800. If everyone is fixated on buying at "penuts" prices then there can be no future for the manufacture of new organs and as the old ones fail and parts become unobtainable there will be no future for organ playing full stop.

If you applied many organ players logic to cars we would all be driving around in "sit up and beg" Ford Populars. I wouldn't expect that most people, would, or could, afford the sort of prices that top end Lowreys were marketed for but it is time, I think ,that people get real and are prepared to pay a reasonable, and I stress reasonable, price for their hobby.

Comment

That was then, this is now.

New organs at £9K are a toy for retirees. As a business plan, that is — as Lowrey found — a game of beat the clock.

What we need to ensure "the future for the manufacture of new organs" is new players. And you won't get many of them punting Chinese instruments from a brand no one's ever head of for the thick end of ten grand.

Comment

• Seahog
            Seahog commented
            Editing a comment
            In response I would point out that obviously there are people willing to buy TRX Genos "Organ" systems at approx £7300 a pop as advertised by Musicland and that isn't even a proper Organ but rather a combination of separate keyboards and pedals which are not all that ergonomic. On top of that you could pay significant amounts of money for a decent pair of speakers. The point I was making was that the endless pursuit of "peanut" prices doesn't give manufacturers the headroom to create volume sales and thereby drive down prices. I know it's a chicken and egg situation but to carry on the analogy if you eat the last chicken you'll get no more eggs.

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Allens haven't done any Wersi Sonic videos ,or have I missed them?
          The best place for Sonic tutorial videos would be http://wersiclubusa.com Their videos are available on the website, on their facebook page and also their YouTube channel.

Comment

The A2000 has now been priced on the Allen's website at £12850..........

Comment

Originally posted by RogerM View Post

Not sure if you're referring to Ringway or Stagea in the States. Allens Music Centre (UK) is selling the Ringway over the Pond - see https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ringway-RS8...-/324076943316 - and Taro's Trade (Japan) ships the Stagea worldwide - https://www.tarotrade.com
              Thanks Roger!

Just saw your response. The information that have you provided on both instruments is great! I admit, I don't much about either instrument. However, it's really nice to see someone manufacturing organs (Ringway). They are a nice looking and sounding instrument. There's no doubt, I like the Yamaha's but understand that there is additional 40% shipping charge? That does make me take pause... Organists are extremely limited these days when it comes to new home models. To my knowledge, we no longer have a company manufacturing new home organs or selling them here in the United States. So, I guess we'll have to keep our older models running. If we can! I see no hope for the previous digital models since, there aren't many replacement boards left. So, I've been diligently taking stock in supportable older models. The analogue, LSI and tube Hammond's
              seem to be sustainable here for now. But alas, you don't get the bells and whistles of a more modern instrument. I did however see one of Bill's post earlier about Wersi coming into the U.S market! There's a Dealer here now. So, maybe there are a few choices out there...

Comment

Originally posted by gregp View Post
                The A2000 has now been priced on the Allen's website at £12850..........
                So how do we think that compares with e.g. these used instruments offered by Allen's -
                Lowrey Inspire £12,995
                Roland Atelier 900C AE/EX £8,995
                Ringway RS1000EU £4,995

Assuming they were all within budget, which would you go for and why?

Comment

• gregp
                  gregp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Allens do seem to price their used instruments on the high side, but most people will have a trade in so it's always the cash balance that's the important part. With no trade I'm sure the prices would be very negotiable.
                  Personally I would go for the Atelier I think, but not at that price. I still think the Atelier has the some of the best orchestral sounds, even with no editing facilities, and the Pipe/Theatre organ sounds are better.
                  Last edited by gregp; 04-06-2020, 03:54 PM.

Originally posted by seamaster View Post

New organs at £9K are a toy for retirees. As a business plan, that is — as Lowrey found — a game of beat the clock.
                But someone, if not many, must still be paying £20/30 or £40K for new top of the range Wersis and Böhms, as they were for top of the range Lowreys. Or not?

Comment

Crazy rich Germans.

Comment

• auronoxe
                    auronoxe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know that Böhms are also sold to UK

• seamaster
                    seamaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Presumably in vanishingly small numbers, as no dealer has ever been able to make a go of them.

But someone, if not many, must still be paying £20/30 or £40K for new top of the range Wersis and Böhms, as they were for top of the range Lowreys. Or not?
                  If you go on the various Bohm & Wersi dealer Facebook pages you will see plenty have been delivered to customers all over Europe, (Including the UK) in the Wersi case you will also find them bought by those in the US.

Bill

Comment

So how do we think that compares with e.g. these used instruments offered by Allen's -
                    Lowrey Inspire £12,995
                    Roland Atelier 900C AE/EX £8,995
                    Ringway RS1000EU £4,995

Assuming they were all within budget, which would you go for and why?
                    I would take the Ringway RS800 over all of them. (Which you seem to have missed off the list)

However, if those were the only models available, at those prices I would take the Atelier, as while it has limited features and flexibility, it does have some really good sounds & styles, (Way better than any arranger keyboard on the style part when it comes to organ play) but, Roland is no longer manufacturing organs so the Ateliers will continue to drop like a stone, and there will always be a worry about parts. (I would still go for the Atelier though)

Bill

Comment

I was quoting examples from Allens' used stock, not trying to produce a comprehensive list. Feel free, anyone, to add to it and comment. Could make for an interesting discussion.

So, Bill, does your choice mean you rate the RS800 above the RS1000? Logically it should be a step down. Or perhaps it means you would prefer a new RS800 to a used RS1000?

Roland haven't been making organs for some years now so perhaps they have already bottomed out?

Comment

I was quoting examples from Allens' used stock, not trying to produce a comprehensive list. Feel free, anyone, to add to it and comment. Could make for an interesting discussion.

So, Bill, does your choice mean you rate the RS800 above the RS1000? Logically it should be a step down. Or perhaps it means you would prefer a new RS800 to a used RS1000?

Roland haven't been making organs for some years now so perhaps they have already bottomed out?
                        The RS1000 is a previous generation model and falls short of the new generation, (As you would expect) which is why the RS800 is better than an RS1000.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by abacus View Post

The RS1000 is a previous generation model and falls short of the new generation, (As you would expect) which is why the RS800 is better than an RS1000.

Bill
                          Ah, thank you. Didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
                          X