No announcement yet.

New Ringway Organs Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Australia and Malaysia, where Ringway organs are sold, the RS800 is marketed as a cheaper version of the RS1000. It seems the RS800 is much the same but in a different style cabinet. The spec seems identical.
    The RS1000E sold by Musictraders had Orla technology added to the Chinese product increasing the range of voices and styles of the instrument.
    Listening to the Allens demo on the RS800, some of the styles they use sound like Orla patterns to me.

Comment

• musicmaker84
      musicmaker84 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s interesting that Ringway does consider Australia their market but not so much USA.

So are you saying that the Australian RS800 is a different beast from the one now promoted by Allens? Very confusing, if so.
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

Interesting, I was informed that the RS600 & 1000 were discontinued and they had been replaced with newer models RS800 & A2000, perhaps this just relates to the European market.
      Another thing I have noticed is that if you go on the main Ringway website http://en.ringway.cn/product_category/29955.html only RS400 & 800 are shown, which seems to indicate that it is market specific.

Bill

Comment

I guess until the spec is published we won't know. But the RS1000 EU version that Musictraders sold had 442 sounds and 350 styles, where as the RS1000 sold in Asia has 394 sounds and 191 styles. The extra on the EU version was all the Orla key sounds including organ voices and rhythms.

Here's a link to the Ringway China organ page including the smaller RS760 which appears to be a more compact version of much the same organ.

http://www.ringway.cn/product_category/spj.html
        Last edited by gregp; 04-07-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gregp View Post
          I guess until the spec is published we won't know. But the RS1000 EU version that Musictraders sold had 442 sounds and 350 styles, where as the RS1000 sold in Asia has 394 sounds and 191 styles. The extra on the EU version was all the Orla key sounds including organ voices and rhythms.

Here's a link to the Ringway China organ page including the smaller RS760 which appers to be a more compact version of much the same organ.

http://www.ringway.cn/product_category/spj.html
          Your link pretty much confirms that it varies on the market where they are sold, as if you click on the US English flag you get the models I posted in my link. (Although neither shows the A2000)

Bill

Comment

All very confusing and doesn't inspire confidence, not with me at any rate.
            Last edited by RogerM; 04-07-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerM View Post
              All very confusing and doesn't inspire confidence, not with me at any rate.
              Why not, a lot of consumer products have different models sold in different parts of the world. (Not forgetting also that some consumer products are the same but have different model numbers in different parts of the world)

Bill

Comment

I don't see any reason not to have confidence in the instruments, Musictraders sold hundreds of them, and the sounds in the video from Allens seem very good. Their videos are always very well produced.

It will be interesting to see if Allens have had any input with regards to making the instruments more suitable for the European market.
                Last edited by gregp; 04-07-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Different models in different parts of the world - fine. Different models with the same name (if indeed that is the case) - confusing.

I agree the new Ringways sound great on YouTube and that Allens, of whom I have no criticism whatsoever, always produce great videos. But if Ringway can't get what I regard as their basic marketing strategy right, then I just wonder what else they can't get right.

Comment

As I said most consumer manufacturers do it, the difference is most consumers don’t go doing searches around the world as it has no relevance to them. (You have probably already got a number of consumer items in your house that have the same model numbers but are different in other parts of the world)

Bill

Comment

The Ringway EU models were beefed up standard models to suit the European market. Nothing wrong with that. If these extra styles and voices/voicing survive in the successors sold by Allens, great. Perhaps they could have included the EU designator in the model name again, but maybe Allen’s thought this to be a no-go after Brexit not to “confuse” their local market.

It’s the Chinese/elsewhere models that then have “inferior” specs but probably selling at different price points, too.

Korg with their arrangers has a great approach to localisation. Base models are the same, but national Korg distributors can offer software packages to suit the tastes and needs of the regional market. See their Musikant software upgrade for PA700-1000, for example.

In terms of the aforementioned lack of basic marketing strategy by Ringway: I don’t think they concern themselves much with how to market outside mainland China. It’s the national importers and distributors who are trying to fill a niche. And if the importer decides to call it a Ringway XXX even so it’s of different specs than some other markets same model number instrument, so what?

Comment

Posts 20 to 24 especially in https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...surprise/page2 are worth a read if you think the new Ringways might be replacements for the bigger Lowreys.

Comment

These newer Ringway's sound great! The sounds are very clear, and crisp. I much prefer these over the newer Wersi's. [and I love the older Wersi organs]. Being poor, someone would have to give me one though.. heh. A thought: Are the sounds being mic'd from the speakers, or is the sound for this video coming from the organ's line outputs?
                          Lowrey MX2 (NT400x)
                          Thomas Floridian Classic -- aka Wersi Rondo Classic
                          Kimball K800 'Fascination' Theater Organ
                          Conn 650 - Type 1 with Conn Pipes - Model #145
                          Baldwin Cinema 2 (214-DR)
                          Wersi Spectra DX 700 CD - LiveStyle, Memory Tower
                          Wersi Beta DX400 TS - (with AMS)
                          Wersi Delta DX 500 - (with AMS)
                          Wersi Pegasus Keyboard!
                          MOOG Eterwave Standard Theremin & MOOG Werkstatt
                          Roland GAIA SH-01 Virtual Analog Synthesizer
                          Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano!

Comment

Finally got around to listen to Allens` demos: have to respectfully disagree with Andy G. Allens seems to expect these Ringways to be high-end Lowrey successors. At least that is the way they spin it in the vids: for the contemporary home organist. Plus, Ringway seems to have integrated the flimsy Lowrey appregio keyboard sticker into the upper manual judging from Tom`s cymbal crush left hand swipe.

But it's stunning to see, nevertheless, the Chinese copying Japanese products when my neighbors Accura still looks like a Mercedes.

Comment

Here’s a question: for roughly the same money, top of the line Ringway or entry level Wersi?

Comment

Working...
                              X