• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seamaster
    commented on 's reply
    Says a lot about you, that, Bill son.

• Claus
    replied
    The OAX uses the same sound software than the OAS, StageA sound generation is similar to Tyros 4.... Böhm is just changing to Amadeus proD, completely new hardware.
    The RealOrgan is the most versatile drawbar system on the market, offering all legendary drawbar types in perfect quality. The hardware is based on the latest HX3.5 engine of Keyboard Partner, but there are some further customized developements added by Böhm for their version.
    And sorry, SEMPRA is much more than only an added touch screen. The technology behind is a completely new developement. Nothing to do with the Overture generation, anymore.

Claus
    Last edited by Claus; 05-25-2020, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• abacus
    commented on 's reply
    The Louvre layout (Like the Bohm SE100/Emporio) is nicely symmetrical, whereas the Pergamaon is not; hence it looks like a pig’s ear in comparison. (I never get on with things that aren’t reasonably symmetrically)

Bill

• musicmaker84
    commented on 's reply
    It's worth what people are willing to pay and Böhm staying afloat and in business. If it's worth YOUR money or mine, is a different question. But as long as there is the equally or more expensive Nomore, and RINGWAY looking to up their game and asking for north of $6000 for an inferior product, the $8000 list price for an entry Böhm or Wersi is more palatable.

Of course, if we believe the Böhm guys, nothing comes close to their organs, but after careful consideration, I don't believe their organ products are superior to WERSI et al, from my point of view.

If I had to decide between Wersi or Böhm, even with the OAX 2.0 update, I would rather buy a Wersi.

• abacus
    commented on 's reply
    The Sempra models use the 2nd generation Amadeus sound engine, just like the latest StageA is a 2nd generation of the original, (But is still a number of years old) the Wersi OAX sound engine is also a number of years old, but was modified by Wersi with the V2.00 update. (This is why I would no longer buy an OAX instrument)
    BTW: Unless it says Amadeus on the Overture then it will still be using the sound engine based on a modified Opera Max system.

Bill

• seamaster
    commented on 's reply
    Eh? A Louvre and a Purgatory are virtually identical.

• Herbert
    replied
    Are far as I am aware Bill, the Amadeus sound engine in the Sempra is more or less the same sound engine that was in Overtures from about 2015. So other than the operating system screen plus the Real organ module not much else has changed.

Leave a comment:

• abacus
    commented on 's reply
    Its big, it’s white, looks like a pig’s ear and would overpower most rooms, so hardly surprising it’s not gone. (If you want to see what 3 manual beauty looks like see the previous Wersi Louvre and Bohm SE100 instruments)

Bill

• abacus
    commented on 's reply
    If you are talking about the original overture then the sound engine comes from the early 2000s, (OAS & original StageA vintage) however if you are talking about a Sempra version of the overture (Which is now called the Sempra SE20) then it has the most modern sound engine from any manufacture.

Bill

• Herbert
    replied
    Yes, Im surprised the Pergamon is still for sale. Wrll worth £15k

Leave a comment:

• Herbert
    replied
    The Böhm Overture has some very good warm sounds. The cabinets are superb, they are very well made and reliable. However, I think the technology is old. The sounds are not up to date, I may be wrong but I assume that other than the real organ drawbars the sounds are more or less the same as Overture. Compared to a Wersi OAX or Yamaha Stagea these are old. Certainly not worth thevkind of money Böhm thinks they are worth. Good organs, great people, but its time to modernise.

Leave a comment:

• RogerM
    replied
    Can't comment on the price but the conditions of sale aren't exactly encouraging - personal collection only, no couriers. How many people can/want to cope with that for an organ of that size?

I don't think abacus would like the software.

Leave a comment:

• musicmaker84
    commented on 's reply
    Don’t tell this Hammond players who only play bass lines on the keys rather than the pedals 😂.

Seriously, I cannot help with your decision for or against the Berm, but reading between lines on here and elsewhere (as well as having seen several vids), the organ can probably do what you want it to do, but I doubt they are superior to Wersis although Claus et al like to think so.

• seamaster
    replied
    Originally posted by seamaster View Post
    Magnificent organ, but my view of Böhm (at least, prior the Sempra range) is that they're rather more impressive to see than to hear. I shudder to think of the haircut the previous owner's taken on it.
    Speaking of haircuts, has anyone else clocked the Wersi Purgatory on the 'Bay failing to find friends at £15K (#124192404256)?

Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• Puddleduck
    replied
    ZenithePorche,

The advertisement for the Bohm Sinfonia 500 has been removed from Allen's website. Did you buy it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X