Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tacit admission that Wersi OAX punters are still basically beta testers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Christian

(The complete UI is totally different vs. OAS and much more fast and logical to work with on daily basis)
    Naturally it is a newer instrument with a bigger screen and resolution, however the base (Heart) of both systems is the same, only the visuals have changed and using the latest hardware and software OS (Windows 64bit) it has become faster? (Just like a computer in 2020 is faster than one from 2010)

(I have meanwhile converted around 250 Genos styles to my OAX. In direct comparison they sound different, but much better than any T2 format style. The conversion works much better in OAX as it did in OAS (with the outdated T2 format). I have the direct comparison as I own both Genos and OAX)
    I have compared the OAX conversion to the Genos and to my ears OAX falls well short, (Conversion to T2 format and then revoicing and tweaking the style gives a much more realistic sound to my ears) however if you are happy with it that’s fine, everyone is different.

(As OAX User I totally disagree. Actually it was first with OAX that I was convinced to go from OAS to OAX. The legacy OAS voices sounds as the did in OAS, just with a more differented frequency range (less muffy). Actually I use around 80-100% of new added OAX voices in my preset).
    As you said in your previous post the audio board in OAX is better, therefore the included OAS voices should sound better, (Which they do) but in your previous post you say you cannot hear any difference between them, but now you say you do.
    To my (And others) ears, comparing the post V2.00 sounds to real instruments and players, a lot of them sound inferior to Pre V2.00 voices. (I always compare them to real live instruments and players)

Which ones are concrete missing in 2.60? OAX offers much more features than OAS ever did (my OAS was 7.46).
    The OAS manuals can still be downloaded here https://www.wersi-hochrhein.com/downloads_2.html if you wish to compare. NOTE: There are 9 separate manuals for the Scala, (Scala, Programmierhandbuch, Sound Factory, OpenArtArranger, Rhythm Designer, Drum Editor and Multi Record) some were optional but included as standard on later models, also the OAA had a further update (Not shown in the German Manual) that allowed you to create and edit a pattern on the instrument itself, as well as being able to easily manipulate the tracks.

(You are obviously not familiar with OAA in OAX. It comes with the same features as in OAS plus various new ones (Midi2style / style2midi in a very easy way, editing of real drums, style assembly function similar to Genos etc.). It is actually more powerful than the Genos onbord style editor)
    Check the OAS, OAA manual above to see the differences and also note the update.
    The following I cannot find in OAX even though you say they are there.
    Style2Midi & Midi2style (Except using external DAW and Importing/Exporting) and certainly nothing like the Midi2style system in the Korg PA4x or EMC Style Works.
    New Real drums can be added to OAS, OAA just like they can with OAX, OAA

(BTW I don’t use my Genos, Montage or Kronos Keyboards connected to my OAX800. It has everything I need to enjoy playing an organ and I know actually also OAX users, that sold their midi modules after they shifted away from OAS)
    And I know plenty of people that didn’t go either the OAX route or get rid of there keyboard/modules, so it still comes down to personal choice.

Let’s hope V2.7 will fill some of the gaps, as currently OAX falls short of the competition.

Regards

Bill

Update:

Have found a later manual for the Open Art Arranger which includes all the new features, (English) and can be downloaded from here https://app.box.com/s/6pt1t0er3awp6rhy4seqvpvx58p3gfhl

Regards

Bill

Last edited by abacus; 06-13-2020, 02:49 AM. Reason: Added new Link

Comment

Following the comments here with interest:

http://wersiclubusa.com/oax/oax-2-7-is-here/

Comment

Originally posted by seamaster View Post
        Following the comments here with interest:

http://wersiclubusa.com/oax/oax-2-7-is-here/
        Just a minor hiccup. All working perfectly now.

Comment

Originally posted by foxtrotter View Post

Just a minor hiccup. All working perfectly now.
          That’s what they said six years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by seamaster View Post

That’s what they said six years ago!

Always the same pessimism from always criticizing non OAX users.
            Funny that none of us with OAX instruments share that impression with you. The reason is: We enjoy our instruments and play music instead of repeating this same „old tune“ in internetforums

Comment

• musicmaker84
              musicmaker84 commented
              Editing a comment
              There is a golden rule since the internet has been conceived: don't feed the troll!

• auronoxe
              auronoxe commented
              Editing a comment
              At least no one wants to burn these Wersis with fire (Which by the way is a good advice for many (not all!) old organs)

With the controversy regarding installing Wersi OAX V2.70 in the above posts, a video has been uploaded by IMMusic that shows how easy it actually is. (Total time should take no more than 5-10mins, excluding download time)

Enjoy

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X