Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another “identify this organ” thread

eBay item 284055157468 has me stumped.

It's a Gulbransen something, nameplate is far left between the manuals.

Comment

Early model of the Paragon. Model number is 2114, circa 1969.
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thank you.

Gulbransen is possibly the organ brand I know least well, before my time. I don’t even recall ever coming across a used one.

Looks like a nice model.

Comment

Lovely rich, creamy sound, from the tabs or drawbars, running through a built in Rotosonic leslie for a theatrical throb (and they sound even better with a big leslie on the end). The Piano was completely unrivalled in the analogue days and it still stands up well today. Weak link is the drum box, which is limited and doesn't sound great. The console version of this one was the President, same spec but with a much more advanced and bigger drum box.

It is an 'all flute' organ, so no strings, brass or reeds. TBH most players just use the drawbars for that lush tone.
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Working...
          X