Magnus Chord Organ 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus Chord Organ 360

Hi, I recently bought a Magnus Chord Organ! I think it’s very neat and the sounds it produces are very melancholic yet innocent. However, today i decided to disassemble it, specifically the fan to clean it out. Unfortunately, a washer and a internal tooth washer (4 in total) fell out (of the fan) and i’m unsure WHERE they go. Please help. I really wish for it to work (since the only thing not working is the fan, which makes the entire organ obsolete), I am sorry if I am being a bother, since it more or less is just a toy.

Agavé,

Welcome to the Organ Forum where all organs are celebrated (we hope!).

Regarding the specifics of your post, I do not know the answer. However, I will move your post to the Home Organ Forum where it will see more views by those more familiar with these models.

Again, welcome to the Forum!

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

• Agavé
      Agavé commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much!!!

If you post a picture of the motor/fan and the washers, we may be able to figure it out. You may have to post a few more posts before you can post pictures however.

-Current Instruments: Allen Mos-2 225 RTC,1870's W. Bell Reed organ, 1890's Singer Chicago upright grand piano Former Instruments: Yamaha Electone E3R

Comment

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      New members can post photos, but the posts & pictures need to be approved for the first few posts.

Michael

• Agavé
      Agavé commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the suggestion!

In accordance to what Larason2 suggested, here is every piece of the fan. From my understanding, the larger piece in the photo included with the bolts and washers is supposed to go on top of the black piece that powers the fan to spin.

Comment

PT II of photos since it only allows five

Comment

From what I can tell, the triangular shaped piece with three large holes and two small holes appears to be the primary mount. Usually these kind of mounts are used to limit vibration. The metal plate with the two small holes probably goes under that, and the two machine screws go into the holes that coordinate with the main mount from the bottom. Once you put those together, you will have the triangular plate with the machine screws sticking up. You can use the included washers between the machine screw heads and the two holed metal plate. Next would presumably go the electric motor with the two side mounts. It’s unclear if a belt connects to it here to drive the fan, or if it’s a drive shaft mechanism to the fan assembly, or if the fan assembly connects right onto the electric motor. If a part attaches, attach the part, then put on the plate with the wires attached to it to drive the motor. Then the three holed plate, with the lock washers and the nuts to hold it all together. That seems to be the most likely way it goes together to me, try it out and let us know if it works!

-Current Instruments: Allen Mos-2 225 RTC,1870's W. Bell Reed organ, 1890's Singer Chicago upright grand piano Former Instruments: Yamaha Electone E3R

Comment

• Agavé
          Agavé commented
          Editing a comment
          hmmm, see i vaguely remember the way it is supposed to look. From what i can recall, the spinner thats attached to the bottom fan drum goes over the triangular mount aligned with the two small holes on said triangular mount. Then the electric motor goes over it, then the small piece with two holes, then the screws and washers. However i’m unsure as to WHERE the other small washers and lock washer goes, i assume it’s to keep the long bolts in place but i don’t know how one would put them since you’re practically unable to reach underneath the triangular mount to tight the small washers around the bottom of the long bolt.

i was thinking of just take out the triangular mount so i could reach the bottom but it seems the three rubber things on it are practically unmovable.

• Larason2
          Larason2 commented
          Editing a comment
          For the machine screws and the lock washers, it doesn’t matter what orientation they are in, so you can put the machine screws in the bottom, and tighten the nuts at the top. The triangular mount will come out, it’s just held very tight on the rubber bushings. If you want to avoid all that though, just put the lock washers and the machine screw nut loosely in by hand, the tighten after with a small wrench or a pair of very fine pliers.
      Working...
      X