Help with selecting USB floppy emulator for AT80SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with selecting USB floppy emulator for AT80SL

Just acquired a Roland AT80SL and hoping to install a USB drive to replace floppy. I have used both Gotek and Nanbaltov producrts in the past on Technics organs. My question is - with the 80SL will it recognize multiple folders on one USB stick, each folder having a max of 99 files. Or will I need multiple USB flash drives, each only holding 99 file, which of course defeats the purpose of making the change. I have seen some old posts that seem to suggest the latter but wish to be certain before making any modifications. With the Technics products each flash drive could have multiple folders but limited to 20 files per folder. THanks

I have a Gotek floppy emulator on my AT90SL. It formats a thumb drive into 1000 1.44M floppies. However Windows can only display the first 100.
    The Roland can access all 1000 "floppies."
    Listed on A as "Updated USB Floppy Drive Emulator-Black, 3.5 Inch Floppy Disk Drive to USB Emulator Simulation for Musical Keyboad."

td

Comment

Do you have to use special software to load the files, with the Nalbantov I use the HxC emulator software and I think IPCAS with the Gotek.

Comment

I use "USB Floppy Manager II v 1.31T" on a PC
        This can only be done on the first 100 floppys. There is a way around that limitation but I have had no need to try it.
        td

Comment

Working...
        X