My Yammy Electone Lives again :) but the Custom Voice circuit is poorly :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Yammy Electone Lives again :) but the Custom Voice circuit is poorly :(

Calling all Yamaha Electone enthusiasts :) My D85 with a blown power supply is back to life again !!! ... (I transplanted the power supply from my D65!) I'm so pleased, it sounds lovely!

But then ... I switched on Custom Voices and heard a background rapid cycle-style clicking (same for the Special Presets tab). When I play using any custom voice, all I get is what sounds like machine guns happening out of the internal speaker. When I use the Tenor or Soprano choir Custom Voices, they do sound, but through the rapid pulse machine gun sound.

I know the choir & custom voices worked before the power supply's tantalum & mains film capacitors blew, but wonder if some damage has occurred through the 15V power circuit blowing; either in the custom & the special preset circuits or some circuitry involved in these?

Has any Electone owners or repairers come across this before? A friend has suggested taking the Custom Voices circuit board & Special Presets circuit board from the D65 for the D85 because often lower models share the same boards just limit access. The D65 only has a tenor choir voice whereas the D85 also has soprano, which I really like & would like to restore, so does the D65 have soprano voice on its board?!

Any thoughts will be well received :)

Thank you,
    Ricky
    Mildly addicted to: - Sequential Prophet-6: Roland Juno-60 (x2), TB-303, Moog Subsequet37CV, Roland CR8000 Compurhythm.
    Current Passions: - Hammond L102/M & A100: Leslie 145, 715 & 120.

Nostalgic additions: Yamaha D65/D85 & Aspriations: XK-1 & 760?

Latest update - we're considering that op amps in the Special/Custom circuit &/or Mixer Amp circuit, may need replacing so I'm gonna oscilloscope the outputs of a few op amps.

Anyone have any advice how to get the vertically mounted SC board out of the metal box inside but still connected so I can access it live and oscilloscope it?

Thank you.
    Mildly addicted to: - Sequential Prophet-6: Roland Juno-60 (x2), TB-303, Moog Subsequet37CV, Roland CR8000 Compurhythm.
    Current Passions: - Hammond L102/M & A100: Leslie 145, 715 & 120.

Nostalgic additions: Yamaha D65/D85 & Aspriations: XK-1 & 760?

Comment

Working...
    X