This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wurlitzer Model 4410 Help Needed!

I hate to ask for help in a first post, but i've been looking on and off for about 6 years now for info and just can't find it! I have a black 4410 which needs a little help... I picked it up at goodwill back in 2002 for $100. the vibrato never worked but once, when I had it stored in a cold garage for 2 days. I've been trying to figure out how to get it working, but the only manual I can find on the internet right now i'd have to order from malaysia and am hoping to find one closer to home, even a pdf document. thanks to this forum I was able to figure out how to get my foot pedal working again (if I had looked a little closer I may have figured it out, but the belt had decayed and fallen off so I didn't even know it was supposed to be there). everything else seems to work great. I am also looking for someone who may have a ruined one they haven't thrown out yet, as when I moved in 2004 the front legs were unscrewed and lost. I would really love to find a new pair of those in black! any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Wurlitzer Model 4410 Help Needed!

Contact Morelock's in Rienzi, Mississippi, the Wurlitzer parts place for the items you need. They are good to anwer any questions you might have as well as they have service manuals, copies of owner's manuals, and many parts are still available for Wurlitzer organs. Their numberis 1-662-462-7611. Good luck with your project of getting this organ back into playing condition. They are great organs which are built well.</P>

James</P>
    Baldwin Church Organ Model 48C
    Baldwin Spinet 58R
    Lowrey Spinet SCL
    Wurlitzer 4100A
    Crown Pump Organ by Geo. P. Bent, Chicago, Illinois

Organs I hope to obtain in the future:

Conn Tube Minuet or Caprice even a transistor Caprice with the color coded tabs
    Gulbransen H3 or G3, or V.
    Wurlitzer 44, 4410, 4420, ES Reed Models, 4300, 4500, Transistor Models

Comment

James is correct that Morelock's is THE only place to get Wurlitzer manuals and parts, but you may happen to finda service manualon eBay. The same goes for the legs. Some months ago I saw legs from a 4100 in the 'Piano &amp; Organ Parts' category; it might be difficult to find an exact match to your originals, though.Stores like Homo Depot and Lowes should have turned legs of some sort that might work, and black sprayenamel is cheap. I've seen them near stuff like pre-cut table tops and veneer.

Comment

thanks everyone! I love this wurlitzer and it is in good enough
        condition as I have been recording on albums with it, tho it could also
        use some new tubes. I'd just really like to hear that vibrato again
        (i've been using plugins for it or a leslie cabinet simulator once it's
        recorded into logic) well thanks again and i'll let you all know how it
        turns out...

Comment

HI TBP, I have the service manual for the 4410 and would be happy to scan some info for you. There's a description of the vibrato signal chain in there, but it's fairly technical. There are also of course detailed schematics - can you read a schematic?</P>

As an easy, why-not-try-it kind of first attempt at troubleshooting: it looks like there's a 6SL7 tube that's pretty important to the vibrato. You might want to try having that checked, or at least pull it -- with the organ unplugged -- then spray the socket with some contact cleaner, and reinsert the tube. (On my 4410 just cleaning the tube sockets solved a few important problems.) --They're getting harder to find, but if your locale has an old TV/appliance repair man, those guys usually still have tube testers and can check the 6SN7 for you. Anyway good luck with it-</P>

Scott</P>
          Nobody loves me but my mother,
          And she could be jivin' too...

--BB King

Comment

Scott,</P>

How is your 4410 project coming along? </P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

James</P>
            Baldwin Church Organ Model 48C
            Baldwin Spinet 58R
            Lowrey Spinet SCL
            Wurlitzer 4100A
            Crown Pump Organ by Geo. P. Bent, Chicago, Illinois

Organs I hope to obtain in the future:

Conn Tube Minuet or Caprice even a transistor Caprice with the color coded tabs
            Gulbransen H3 or G3, or V.
            Wurlitzer 44, 4410, 4420, ES Reed Models, 4300, 4500, Transistor Models

Comment

[quote user="Tenor Trumpet 8'"]

Scott,</P>

How is your 4410 project coming along? </P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>

James</P>

[/quote]</P>

Hi James, I'm afraid it's been forced to go to the back burner lately. The 4410 is out in my garage, and it's been so cold here of late (CT) that it would be extremely uncomfortable to work on it out there.[:(] So I've been focusing on projects that can be brought inside the house, until things warm up in the spring.</P>

As I left it though, I had gotten the volume back and figured out the expression pedal (same difficulty as our new friend here); but I was having trouble figuring out how to get at the bass pedals -- still missing the low "C". Other than that, it just needs a little touch-up on the finish and then it's ready for a new home. ...I think if I could find one of its full console brothers like the 4600, I'd just have to keep it; butI get so frustrated with running out of notes on a spinet! --I'm sure if I were a better player it wouldn't bother me so much, but there it is. Anyway thanks for asking. cheers,</P>

Scott</P>
              Nobody loves me but my mother,
              And she could be jivin' too...

--BB King

Comment

Working...
              X