X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie Speaker 412

Hi All

Who knows this Leslie Model? Must be a newer one from Hammond-Suzuki. I was googling for it, but couldn't find usable informations. Transistor amp, I assume. Classical treble horn and bass drum? It's for sale for 500 CHF. The seller doesn't know much about it. Takes me wonder if I can plug any keyboard in, or if its made for a special organ model.

Thank you for any information

Martin

Click image for larger version

Name:	hammond-leslie-412.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	607311Click image for larger version

Name:	647244676_2_Big.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	607312Click image for larger version

Name:	647244676_3_Big.jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	607313
    Hammond A-100
    Crumar Mojo XT
    Leslies 46 W, 51, 330, 2 x 760

Was made for hammod super B model in late 80's, will work with any 11 pin organ. A 3 channel 200 plus watt cab, very loud. Its solid state 4/5 amp model, uses single motors for rotors rather than older double motor units, got standard horn and rotorsonic drum plus 4/5 main speakers. Mine is on hammond cx organ and sounds great.

Comment

This would be a 412J actually, the Japanese-made version. Should actually have a 10" lower driver and foam rotor instead of a Rotosonic (see block diagram on rear.) If it's that version you'll find the lower 10" under a foam "bowl" (to isolate it from the bass driver's back wave) on the lower shelf. Make sure it works on both speeds and stop, the motor control boards of this era can be problematic. 11-pin hookups are quite easy to throw together, so if it works OK it might be a nice cab. According to its block diagram the rotary input feeds the straight channel through a low-pass filter so bass goes to the right place (the woofer) so you can use it as a single-channel cabinet.

TP
      Todd in Cheesecurdistan - www.blueolives.com
      Some consoles, some Leslies, parts, tubes, etc.

Comment

Thanks so far.
        I'd like to use it with either a Korg BX-3 (old version) or with a Hammond T-200. Would this work? Is there a line jack line-input or do I need a kind of preamp? How are the speeds switched?

Martin
        Hammond A-100
        Crumar Mojo XT
        Leslies 46 W, 51, 330, 2 x 760

Comment

No jack imputs just normal 11 pin socket so would need 11pin preamp, an 11pin connector kit would probably work on t200 with correct wiring.

Comment

Ive just acquired a Leslie 412J.In common with another 412 i had,the 8" speakers (one to the drum and the other on the front panel had both suffered disintegration of the foam surround to the driver.The foam to the drum had dropped and been spun out into various corners of the cabinet by the drum.
            I did find a 10" decent speaker and made up a pattress to expand its hole.The internal speakers bar the 15" all have plastic bowls over them to encapsulate them.This wouldnt fit over the 10" so i left it off,and it doesn`t make any difference to the sound.The lower drum does have a bit more body to it now.
            Anybody know when these were produced (to go with the Super B) and how much they cost when new.
            So far found four of these cabinets with the same fault with the 8" speakers.
            It sounds good-only thing i could say is that the horn is a bit lazy slowing down-can any parameters be changed?
            Adrian

Comment

The super-b was launched in 86/87 and these went with it hence similar design ( like b3000 and leslie 722 ), not sure on price but think was about £1500-£2000, dont think many sold, apart from problems with speakers failing are good leslie, lots of power. Mine has same issues with 10" speakers disintegrating, other speakers seem ok.

Comment

Working...
              X