Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie 2101 Mk2 not spinning...

Hi guys,

Just run into this new problem. Just got a Leslie 2101 Mk2, brand new. The rotor doesn't spin. I use it with an SK2 via the 8-pin connector. I get sound and I can hear the lower rotor sim speeding up and down when I use the CU-1 half moon switch on the organ. The horn just doesn't move ! I tried a footswitch that I had from a Ventiltor and another I had in the past for my Motion Sound amp, nothing makes the horn move. I think the unit is defective but I thought I'd check here to see if I am missing something.... The manual is really poor on explanations, no troubleshooting section.

I would open it to see if there is any packing material preventing the spin or possibly a belt that has come off.

Geo

Comment

You were right !!

Originally posted by geoelectro View Post
      I would open it to see if there is any packing material preventing the spin or possibly a belt that has come off.

Geo
      I was afraid to open it being afraid I could void the warranty... ut effectively on opening the belt was off !! Now... I owned and moved all kinds of Leslies all my life and I never saw even old ones barely holding together lose the belt for the upper rotor... Wonder if it is defective but for now it is spinning ))

Comment

When I took delivery of my 2101 MKII, I noticed the word wasn't spinning. I took less than five minutes to open the back, put the belt on track and close the cabinet.

I'm guessing this is an expected "setup" for now portable Leslies as a tight fit might cause damage during shipping. I have to add that the 2101 sounds great. When paired with a bass amp, it is amazing!

Comment

Working...
        X