This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B+ voltage on HR-40

Correct me if I'm wrong but the HR-40 does indeed send B+ voltage on pin #5 right?

Thanks jw
    BCV, C2, M3, C3
    HR40, 142, 760, 771
    Once upon a time I was a musician, now I just collect Hammonds!:->

Yes, it does....
    1st born: 1958 B3 & 1964 Leslie 122
    Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)
    Daily Workhorse: 3 Manual Rodgers running Hauptwerk 4.2
    New Kid on the Block: Hammond Novachord (year not determined yet)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyB3 View Post
      Yes, it does....
      Thanks! I will confirm when I get into it later tonight. Much appreciated.
      BCV, C2, M3, C3
      HR40, 142, 760, 771

Comment

It sends B+ on pin 5 of the amplifier connector, which your organ will only get if it has a 6 pin connecting cable on both sides. 6 to 5 cables omit the B+ pin on the organ side.

Comment

Originally posted by muckelroy View Post
          It sends B+ on pin 5 of the amplifier connector, which your organ will only get if it has a 6 pin connecting cable on both sides. 6 to 5 cables omit the B+ pin on the organ side.
          Yep, I'm new to the game and didn't realize my HR40 had the b-plus because I was using it with my C2. I didn't realize I was using a 5 to 6 pin cord until this morning. I bought BCV the other day and I've been alligator clipping from the swell when all along I had the b-plus and didn't know it. Derp
          BCV, C2, M3, C3
          HR40, 142, 760, 771

Comment

When Hammond switched to -2 series organs with self-powered preamps, they started installing 5-pin sockets in the outlet boxes. Many of these 5-pin sockets have been replaced over the years, especially if the organ has a 6W kit installed, but you still find them.
            I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

Working...
            X