This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie 860 Casters, getting rid of casters

Gigging with this Leslie 860 now and an XK3. Using the Loundsberry Tall & Fat thru the effects loop.

This thing is heavy, i don't care what people say... it's heavy. The wheels help me be lazy moving it around.
    And by moving this Leslie to the ground... will it help with any possible shred of bass response?

I'm just gonna take 'em off. Gonna use medium rubber feet from the bottom of a Peavey somewhere

The 860 didn't come originally with these wheels right?
    And it had rubber feet stock?

my back hurts

Originally posted by andyhof View Post
    Gigging with this Leslie 860 now and an XK3. Using the Loundsberry Tall & Fat thru the effects loop.

This thing is heavy, i don't care what people say... it's heavy. The wheels help me be lazy moving it around.
    And by moving this Leslie to the ground... will it help with any possible shred of bass response?

I'm just gonna take 'em off. Gonna use medium rubber feet from the bottom of a Peavey somewhere

The 860 didn't come originally with these wheels right?
    And it had rubber feet stock?

my back hurts
    AFAIK, All the pro-line Leslies had casters on them from the factory.

The poor bass response of the 860 is due to the very small resonance chamber for the 12" speaker. You probably won't gain much from removing the casters.
    Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

You should try a 330. It’s like a solid state 145 on wheels. Mine had plenty of bass when I had an XK3 hanging off it and it’s 11 pin so plug and play! Agreed taking casters off won’t improve the bass.
      Hammond C3, M102, XB3, XB5
      Lowrey Heritage DSO-1, H25-3, Yamaha E70
      Farfisa Compact Duo Mk2, Vox Continental 300, Korg BX3 Mk1, Leslie 122, 145
      www.drawbardave.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Drawbar Dave View Post
        You should try a 330. It’s like a solid state 145 on wheels. Mine had plenty of bass when I had an XK3 hanging off it and it’s 11 pin so plug and play! Agreed taking casters off won’t improve the bass.
        Like an idiot i sold my mint 330 12 years while getting divorced. That was possibly lighter? but easier to move about because of the larger size if i remember. and crossover and speakers are 16ohm making 122 amp swap possible. Ok, if anyone has one they want to sell me, please pm !!

Originally posted by enor View Post
        AFAIK, All the pro-line Leslies had casters on them from the factory.

The poor bass response of the 860 is due to the very small resonance chamber for the 12" speaker. You probably won't gain much from removing the casters.
        Yes, i'm just hoping for a miracle!

I have a 145 142 and 222 but size in my new car is the issue. and by taking off 860 casters, it will give me another couple inches! I need to remove these wheels anyway becuase they are in need of replacement.

Comment

that was a stupid idea. I left the casters on... don't know what i was thinking...

thanks for letting me rant

Comment

Working...
          X