This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie 740

Hello i am new here and i posted looking for a 740 manual and i still have yet to find one , but if anyone knows the break down of watts to each amp that would help a lot i know that it is 220 watts total . I am now putting it back together and i must say that the bottom half has been a real challenge without anything to point me in the right direction , but it is fun anyway. (he he he) Any help will be great and i am a leslie lover i have turned a 700 to a somewhat 710 added a horn and changed the crossover to make sure the right freq get to the right speaker and i have on a m3 really brought it to life in a small church and they love it more then ever now.
    Last edited by MrHill; 01-03-2019, 12:59 PM.

Hi, welcome to the group. I am not very familiar with the 700 model series, but Captain Foldback has several near that.
    Unwanted Bitcoin? Dispose of them safely here:14hjbheQVki8eG75otRK4d2MQBarCCWQfJ

Comment

Thanks for the reply I already checked captain foldback and it is not listed.

Comment

Hello again I have done a lot of research and still haven't found much on this 740 but if I can pick your thoughts on 11 pin socket diagram it looks like 3 of the 4 channels are ground connections I have to say I don't understand this without a schematic to give me a ideal as to how it works so if anyone can help me with this I will be very grateful I have put the diagram on here to see if anyone see what I see.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That doesn't look quite right with all those pins grounded. Capt Foldback shows the 11 pin pin outs here:http://www.captain-foldback.com/Leslie_sub/pinouts.htm

I'll ask on Vintage Organ Facebook group as I know that one guy there has a 740, one of the only two over here. He may be able to help.
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thanks for the reply hope you will be able to share so light on this.

Comment

PM sent regarding this, but no reply received as yet.
              It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
              Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
              Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
              Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I did the pin out as the diagram shows and it works so i looked at a few other 4 channel Leslies and it shows that those 3 goes to ground so i decided to make a go at it with cation as said it works as it should so it is right after all never thought it would but i guess they know what they are doing. thanks for the feed back but if he gets back to you see if he has any ideal where i can find a manual again thanks a bunch.

Comment

Well I found that the pin out was not really right for the 740 the input is + going and not - going and what a different the right connections make wow is all i can say very powerful Leslie for sure now i'm able to set it up correctly and the Rotosonic is a lot better then I thought it would be handles below 100hz for a 6x9 is very impressive and the 15" woofer taking the pedal bass this 740 gets loud and a very solid sound. thanks andyg for your reply you have been a big help.

Comment

Working...
                  X