This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American 122A in Europe

Hi, I need to connect 122A (Hammond Suzuki, 6-pin, 110V, 60Hz) to an European A100 (220V, 50Hz) with 6-pin 122 interface. My voltage is European, 220V/50Hz. I plan to use step-down transformer for the Leslie, but not the frequency converter, because the motors are electronically regulated and not dependent on the mains frequency. Yet again... can I damage the Leslie by running it on 50Hz? And also, do I need to be concerned about the speed switch (standard fast/slow half-moon)? I understand it switches 110V taken from the Leslie and not from the organ (which would be 220V), true? Thanks folks!

122 switching is neither 110 or 220VAC, it is controlled by DC superimposed on the audio lines. If the kit in the organ is for a 122 it will have the means of putting the DC control signal on the audio lines to engage Chorale, either from B+ provided by a takeoff under the rectifier tube of either the preamp or AO-39 power amp or derived from the B+ fed back from pin 5 on the Leslie. You'll want the stepdown transformer to feed 110V to pins 3 and 4 of the 6-pin socket. I don't *think* the Leslie will mind 50Hz as the motors are electronically controlled but I could be mistaken...might want to contact Hammond Europe to be on the safe side.

TP
    Todd in Cheesecurdistan - www.blueolives.com
    Some consoles, some Leslies, parts, tubes, etc.

Comment

Should this apply to your model Leslie:

For 50hz use you may want to swap the pulleys made for 50hz.

https://trekii.com/products/leslie-s...leys-50hz.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	lph_50_pulley_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	647565
      Last edited by Goff; 01-18-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

@BlueOliveB3: Helpful, thanks!
        @Goff: Thanks but no so such pulleys in 122A.

Comment

On the surface I would think the frequency wouldn't matter. However, there is a circuit in the motor speed controller that uses the AC seemingly as a reference of sorts. I'm interested in the final results. The fast speed is adjustable per rotor so that should be no issue ultimately.

geo

Comment

Working...
          X