No announcement yet.

Leslie Preamp Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished article. The previous owner sprayed it blue. I think those Fender Rhodes Stage knobs compliment it LOL. The 6 pin Amphenol fits in the old hole perfectly. Thanks Pete!
    Attached Files
    Hammond BC/Leslie 147
    MK2 Farfisa Compact Duo/Binson Echorec 2
    Yamaha KX88
    MK1 Korg CX3/Neo Ventilator

Comment

I did something similar to an AO39 but i used a dummyresistor on the output, isn´t necessary for use on an 147?
      C2 1953, as old as I am and 760 rebuilt, Custom M3 1955, custom HX3, Hohner OAB, Ventilator, Service for friends on A100, B3, BV, M100 and some Leslies

Comment

Originally posted by Hoaxel View Post
        I did something similar to an AO39 but i used a dummyresistor on the output, isn´t necessary for use on an 147?
        I’ve been using it on my 147 with the open position and no problems. I’m looking forward to trying some of Kon’s mods.
        Hammond BC/Leslie 147
        Yamaha KX88

Comment

I've been waiting patiently for the right casing for mine.Finally sprung for a Sears/Craftsman 19"X7"X7" metal tool box.
          Heavy enough gauge to really protect it.Room enough in the lid for the 'verb spring.Found it directly in the path of my next stop....$15.
          Must be at least as old as the '69 Hammond chassis.

Bright/sparkle type mods are one step ahead of simply undoing a single leg of those treble filter disk caps and adding a switch.
          I kept it simpler and just clipped them out.....may revisit that.
          No problem driving a pair of open 147 types ;>)
          Mine are simple inputs,the line levels and verb are mixed away from the box.....
          sigpic A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/147 BCV/122 M3/145 M102/145
          Various modern keyboards and modules.

Comment

I would like to see the finished project mounted in that metal box. I also just clipped out the disk caps. I guess the three way switch would be more popular with guitarists. I will turn off the all boost tab on the Farfisa if there is too much top end LOL. I want to try removing the gain as Kon described that as making a big difference to tone.
            Hammond BC/Leslie 147
            Yamaha KX88

Comment

Originally posted by Drawbar Dave View Post
              I I will turn off the all boost tab on the Farfisa if there is too much top end LOL. I want to try removing the gain as Kon described that as making a big difference to tone.
              Hi Dave.
              Removing the negative feedback ( which the Gain Trimmer potentiometer adjusts) definitely opened up and improved the tonality. Removing the negative feedback does boost the gain levels of the amplifier thus allowing more overdrive distortion when playing at loud levels, however because of the fact that the negative feedback only affects the gain levels of the later part of the amplifier including the output stage, this means that you can still get a clean sound by turning down the Volume control which is located at the earlier stage of the amplifier, after the C302 which carries the output signal coming from the first valve stage (V6).
              All the best.
              Kon.

Comment

Originally posted by Drawbar Dave View Post
                I would like to see the finished project mounted in that metal box. I also just clipped out the disk caps. I guess the three way switch would be more popular with guitarists. I will turn off the all boost tab on the Farfisa if there is too much top end LOL. I want to try removing the gain as Kon described that as making a big difference to tone.
                Not finished yet,here's the mock up though.....fits perfect!
                Attached Files
                sigpic A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/147 BCV/122 M3/145 M102/145
                Various modern keyboards and modules.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pete View Post

Not finished yet,here's the mock up though.....fits perfect!
                  Thats awesome. Just some rubber feet and some screws and you'll be good to go
                  Hammond BC/Leslie 147
                  Yamaha KX88

Comment

Working...
                  X