This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Conn Tone Cabinets a good value?

I have an opportunity to buy two Conn Leslie tone cabinets.

"2 speakers/amps . the classic conn model 255 leslie speaker cabinets with 15 inch woofer, 4 channel amp and leslie rotating tremelo in each . I also have the speakers from the model 256 cabinet that is supposed to go with one model 255. send me a message and i can give you my phone number if you want to talk about them. OBO i can deliver"
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Good if you have a larger model Conn, and if they haven't been butchered too much. Sounds like these have been modified.

If you're looking for a cheap way to get that Leslie 'sound', these won't do it.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thank you very much. here are several leslie cabinets available. Many are beyond financial read and then there are two modified for guitar.

Comment

Yes, 'proper' Leslies, like the 145, 147 etc are expensive. The 760 is often much cheaper, as it's solid state and can't be overdriven like the tube models, but it's a great cabinet. Don't rule out a 710, used with a Trek crossover kit, or a 715.

Older cabinets like the 212, 310 etc are a lot of work to gut, strip and rebuild as a 145! And they seldom sound great without the full 145 innards. That can work out more expensive than a 145!

Modified cabs can be unmodified, but you never quite know what you're getting!
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Working...
        X