This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of rear of intact Leslie 247

I'm acquiring a Leslie 247. I want to keep my cats out of the works. Will someone share a photo of the rear of a stock 247 to see what's required? I've seen pegboard in one photo, the rest I've seen are missing the bottom panel.
    Rheem Mark VII, CEI Madrigal, 1969 Leslie 147 RV, Leslie Combo Preamp. Soon to add Hammond A100 and Leslie 247.

The peg board was stock.

Geo

Comment

Thank you for that piece of information. It makes sense, the sounds needs openings to get out.
      Rheem Mark VII, CEI Madrigal, 1969 Leslie 147 RV, Leslie Combo Preamp. Soon to add Hammond A100 and Leslie 247.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	222 rearx.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	665079

Comment

Something like this would allow more sound to propagate, and probably look better in my opinion:

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-...-x-30--262-878

Current:
          1971 T-202 with Carsten Meyer mods: Remove key click filters, single-trigger percussion, UM 16' drawbar volume correction. Lower Manual bass foldback.
          Korg CX3 (original 1980's analogue model).
          1967 Leslie 122 with custom inbuilt preamp on back panel for 1/4" line-level inputs, bass & treble controls. Horn diffusers intact.
          2009 Marshall 2061x HW Plexi head into Marshall 4x12 cabinet.

Former:
          1964 C3
          196x M-102
          197x X5
          197x Leslie 825

Comment

Originally posted by Papus View Post
            Something like this would allow more sound to propagate, and probably look better in my opinion:

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-...-x-30--262-878
            IMO it would allow more dust to accumulate and the backs on Leslies were not designed to be the more open exit for the sound, preferring to force the sound to exit the vents instead.

But if you plan to face the back of the Leslie to your ear instead of the vents, then it would work somewhat, except the rotors are down on the floor.

I used to gig with a 222 and I would raise the cab up on drum cases and face the back to my ear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	222 up.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	665090

Comment

• Papus
              Papus commented
              Editing a comment
              On the rare occasions when I've gigged my 122-V, I've propped it up on crates to put the horn above the keyboard player's head height so the audience can see both rotors.
              I'm all in favour of putting the brilliance of Don Leslie's spinning mechanical design on show!
              It always leads to positive conversations with in-the-know Hammondites, and looks of wonder and bewilderment from the uninitiated.
              Anything that leads to more people catching the Hammond/Leslie disease, the better.

I used to do exactly that with my 122. Since I also sang many of the songs, the mic would pick up the horn rotor as an aside. So the horn being slightly above my head was good thing since the Leslie wasn't mic'd.

Playing Mountain Shadows in Scottsdale for a month every night, the crowd varied but many of them were people who would leave the waitress an $800 tip. Meaning an older crowd, with money. Some of them would take note of the spinning horn. But then they were mostly grinding to the music, they would zone out and just get into the sound and close their eyes.

But yeah, played some rock bars where many in the audience knew exactly what the rotors were for.

Comment

Working...
            X