Leslie 145 to Hammond B2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leslie 145 to Hammond B2

As you may have seen over in the Hammond section, I recently welcomed a B2 into the family. Now I'm welcoming a 145 cabinet too!

The B2 has some kit in it already, it's marked 018432 (see picture). There is no 6 pin socket on the organ either, just the original 5 pin socket. The hookup described in this thread (https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...-a-vintage-C2=) seems like it would be what I need to do, no? Obviously I'd need to add a 6 pin socket as described too. That would make that 018432 box unnecessary, right? The box does have a footswitch wired to it, which I could probably reuse as my speed switch.
    Hammond L-102 "mobilized", Hammond M-3, Hammond M-101, Hammond T-211, Hohner Cembalet CF, Hohner Cembalet N, Hohner Favor Combo, Hohner Pianet L, Hohner Pianet T, Hohner Symphonic 30N, Leslie "430" (former 130 with horns and light show added), Nord Electro 3, and an entire village of guitars and harmonicas.

Plugging that 145 into an 018432 (H type/122?) is not recommended.Could let out the smoke?
    26-1 kits are for the W type,which a 145 'match'.
    The wiring is as simple as it gets.
    Uncle Harvey's pin-out guide, on The Captain Foldback site will get you up to speed......pun intended!

Google image 'Leslie 26-1 kit'........there are many.
    Find out all about them at Fish Organs,in the Leslie Kit folder.......

Yes a switch can be repurposed.

Of the many boxes I can hang off this B2? I love the 145! I can 'make do' with the 147......pun intended.
    sigpic A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/147 BCV/122 M3/145 M102/145
    Various modern keyboards and modules.

Comment

Congrad w/ the 145. I've got my B3 configured to play either my 122 or 145 thru it and there are times I believe the 145 is the better of the two.

Comment

I borrowed my friend's combo preamp when I got the 145 home, hooked it up to the line out of the B2, and it sounds fantastic! Only one owner, and he had kept it in his living room the whole time. So aside from 50 years of dust that collected inside the cabinet, it's in great shape too. Still has the scrim cloth and all of the rear panels intact.

It does have an old tube brake accessory plugged into the socket, which has dangling off of it a 6-pin male/female plug which I imagine would go between the Leslie amp and cord. The original jumper plug for the socket is missing, but if I leave the accessory plugged in and that 6-pin male/female plug unplugged, I get the fast and slow speeds I expect. I imagine that if I wanted to have the brake function, I would have to get a separate switch to turn the brake function on and off? Or perhaps there's a way to wire a slow-off-fast switch?
        Hammond L-102 "mobilized", Hammond M-3, Hammond M-101, Hammond T-211, Hohner Cembalet CF, Hohner Cembalet N, Hohner Favor Combo, Hohner Pianet L, Hohner Pianet T, Hohner Symphonic 30N, Leslie "430" (former 130 with horns and light show added), Nord Electro 3, and an entire village of guitars and harmonicas.

Comment

Glad you like it and since it's a one owner, it's not taken a beating. I have slow, off and fast on my Leslie's. IMHO, that's the way to go. I've had Leslie's that were the original way of slow and fast but I really like an off position as a player. You can do this yourself w/ some help from the forum.
          You might also want to think about bringing back the amp to factory fresh by rebuilding the inside. I'd also do the crossover. Again, the guys here can help w/ that.
          Enjoy!

Comment

Or perhaps there's a way to wire a slow-off-fast switch?
            The Trek II 147 version of the EIS relay supports a stop function. You could roll your own, but it would be a non standard hookup.

Jim

Comment

I think for now I'll just stick with the standard slow-fast hookup. If I raise a bit more money down the line, I'll upgrade to the EIS relay and get that stop function. Parts are on the way to refresh the amp!

Comment

Working...
              X