Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 Pin Leslie Cable

Hi,

I'm about to take possession of a Leslie 2101 Mk2 to run my XK3c through. Ideally I want to control the Leslie speed through the half moon switch I have rigged to the XK3c. The 11 pin cable seems the only option for this. I don't want to pay the high price of a 30' 11 pin cable as I only need about 6' and I already have a set of 11 pin connectors. I am, however, struggling to find 11 core cable to fabricate my own lead. Are there any pins that can be omitted from the connection? Surely if the same level of control is achievable via an 8 pin cable (from SK2) and 8 core cable connected to the right pins should be sufficient?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

It's true that most 11-pin Leslies don't use all 11 cable conductors. The 11-pin format was chosen decades ago to allow flexibility and integration with multi-channel organ designs from the 1970s.

I see that the 2101 has a rotary channel and at least one stationary channel. What you need is a 2101 schematic (which I do not have) that would show which pins are used and which are not. With that information, you could choose a cable that would meet your needs.
    I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

Thanks for that. In the meantime I have done just that and found that 2 pins have no connection and another 2 share a common ground (shorted in the Leslie amp) so at a push I can get away with an 8 core cable. I've just ordered a 9 pin olden days serial cable to attach my am phenol connectors to, so hopefully there'll be enough strands inside that. Ill let you know how I get on.

Comment

Working...
      X