neo ventilator 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neo ventilator 11

I have an older Yamaha c55n . Cannot afford or find for that matter a Leslie 11 pin. I was reading about the Neo Ventilator 11 supposed to imitate a Leslie. Does anyone know about these. How do they connect to my organ.

Your organ has a headphone jack and an AUX out jack. I'm guessing the AUX out is line level, which would be where you would connect your Ventilator and then on to your external speakers. Plugging something into the headphone jack will kill the internal speakers. Not sure about the AUX out. https://manualzz.com/doc/1174033/yam...owner-s-manual

Comment

Typically what I do is use AUX out and plug a ¼" to ⅛" adaptor (with nothing plugged into it) into the headphone jack.

Comment

Ventilator II is awesome.

Comment

I have a ventilator 2 that I run on a Hammond. It’s great!!!

Comment

Watch out for the fault that plagues the Vent II where it gets stuck in bypass mode. Both of mine went back for warranty repairs twice and then failed again for the people I sold them to. A studio I do work for bought a brand new one that had the problem straight out of the box. We sold ours and purchased original Mk1 Vents in the end.
            Hammond BC (Factory 50 Hz) With TrekII Reverb, Perc and Preamp, Hamptone LEQ3B
            Leslie 147
            MK2 Farfisa Compact Duo/Binson Echorec 2 T7E
            MK1 Korg CX3/Neo Ventilator
            Yamaha KX88/Roland D550/Kurzweil K2000R/Korg M1R/Korg X3R

Comment

June, you asked this question in another thread. My comments written there definitely apply in your case. For the sake of good order (and to save me cutting and merging threads!) here's what I wrote:

Not an immediately practical idea, I'm afraid. The organ is two channel, rotary and straight. You would be into modifying the organ so that the rotary signal went to the Vent and then back into the organ's amps. Of course, there's only one straight amp and you'd lose the all-important stereo effect that the Vent produces. A Vent running in mono just doesn't really cut it - I've tried it.

It might be possible to take the rotary signal from the Vent and run its output into a separate stereo amp and speakers. Do-able, but would cost a bit - Vent, stereo amp and speakers, engineer's time in doing the work.

And you have to bear in mind that a Vent will sound nothing like a Leslie would in your lounge. The Vent produces the sound of a miked up Leslie, which is what's needed for stage use, and it does so brilliantly. It does not spin the sound or move the air as a real leslie does and, when placed side by side in my lounge - compared on a Hammond with a Leslie 770 for a trade review - there was a big difference in the 'live' sound they made.

If you used the aux out jack to drive a rotary simulator, just remember that everything would 'spin' - that includes your pianos, brass, woodwinds, bass and drums. Trust me, that's not what you're after!

Vents and other sims work great on single channel Hammonds or on just the rotary channel of multi channel organs, but other applications don't turn out so well.

It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
              Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
              Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

thankyou for the great information. Looks llke I will be continuing to look for an actual Leslie.. I find they are very hard to come by in Canada , especially an 11 pin which the organ requires , any I have found are very expensive considering I was given the organ for free , lol.

Comment

That means they're cheap, not expensive.

Get any Leslie, really. You don't need an 11-pin one.

Comment

Originally posted by junefreeman View Post
                    thankyou for the great information. Looks llke I will be continuing to look for an actual Leslie.. I find they are very hard to come by in Canada , especially an 11 pin which the organ requires , any I have found are very expensive considering I was given the organ for free , lol.
                    Where are you in Canada?

Comment

You have two options with Leslies for the C55N:

1) A 2 channel leslie that will plug right in. Your cheapest option is likely to be the 415. Not as sought after as the larger models as compared to them it's a bit underwhelming. However it's a perfect leslie for a home situation, where you don't want massive volume! Other options (same footprint but around 8" taller) are the 715 and 720.

2) A single channel leslie, connected to the rotary channel only. This will require a fitting kit (sometimes comes with the leslie) and will cost more than any of those 2 channel ones! The one you really want is a 145, but the 8" taller 770 might be a cheaper buy.

Me? I'd go for the 415 or 720.
                      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
                      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
                      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

• Drawbar Dave
                        Drawbar Dave commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The 330 is a nice little Leslie in the shorty range and 11 pin of course. Not sure about availability in Canada though! I had one hanging off my XK3 and it was very good.
                    Working...
                    X