860 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you've made good progress.

Look at the control circuit voltage chart (pic #11). First columns indicate:
    P1 : Pin 5 (Green) shorted to Pin 6 (Blue) and connected to Pin 7 (Violet) for Fast.

Disconnect the pedal and try to make these connections with a strap Then watch what's going on with the test lamp.
    If under this conditions the test lamp lights up then a short circuit must be sought between P3 Pin2 (Orange) and P3 Pin1 = P1 Pin7 (Violet) or something wrong around relay 2 (Fast).

JP

Comment

I have a downloaded owner's manual and thus a schematic. I do not know to what you are referring when you indicate pic #11. Otherwise makes sense from the schematic and I will look tonight. Relay 2 and Relay 3 both measured 500 ohms, but do they look burnt to you?
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok. With the Preamp III not connected and with P1 : Pin 5 (Green) shorted to Pin 6 (Blue) the amp hums and there is no light. When Pin 5 (Green) shorted to Pin 6 (Blue) and also connected to Pin 7 (Violet) for Fast the test light is bright. When I go back to just Pin 5 (Green) shorted to Pin 6 (Blue) the light is dim for about three to five seconds and then goes out. I already replaced d10, d11, d13, d14, d15, and d16. So does this mean C1 is the source of my problem?

Comment

Hello :

>PIn6 shorted to Pin5 Relay1 = ON; Power amp is energized and Hums = 100%OK

> Pin7(Fast) shorted to Pin5(Commun) = You got a big short circuit. It discharge C1 to dry and when you release this short, C1 recharges. That takes few seconds and prove it is healthy

>The pics show Relay 3 (Slow - Gray) not Relay 2 (Fast - Violet)

It gives me an idea :
          Because there is a mystery short between Violet and Orange wires. In the circuit you can compare Slow and Fast with an ohmmeter (Power Off).

You can also swap gray and violet wires on the pcb to see if the problem moves from Fast to Slow.

JP

Comment

Hello JP,
            I just pictured the slow relay because they look the same. The ohm meter shows an open circuit Violet to Orange and also Gray to Orange. I swapped the Gray and Violet wires and now I get the dim light on Fast switch and the bright light on Slow switch (which when turned off goes dim for 3-5 seconds goes then out). Reminder, note the fuse would blow as soon as I hit the Slow switch when it all started to fail a few months ago.
            gapo3
            Last edited by gapo3; 07-10-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I summarize :

> The pedal works properly, because by directly controlling the gears with a strap this produces the same results.
              > Idem The power supply because Relay 1 which controls the amplifier and the amplifier itself are working correctly.
              > By swapping the motor controls Fast and Slow (Violet and Blue on the Pcb) then the problem move. This indicates that the relays are not at fault.

All of this indicates that the problem is not where you are looking for.

It looks like it moves following the violet wire.
              You should unplug it from the pcb.

It is not always easy to find a short circuit. It is necessary to disconnect the circuits 1 by 1 until it disappear.
              You will then know that it is in the last disconnected circuit.

JP

Comment

Having put the gray wire back to operate the slow motor control and leaving the violet wire fast motor control disconnected, hitting the slow switch on makes the 40w bulb on but dim. Leaving the slow on and hitting the fast switch on the bulb goes out. With just the fast switch on (the slow in off position) the bulb does not light.
                So does this mean the slow is ok? Because I was blowing the 1/16 amp fuse just by switching on even just the slow switch before.

Comment

Ok, I'm stuck. Any further suggestions? I appreciate all the help so far.

Comment

I've been following this thread off and on. I know it's not what you want to hear, but I think you need to take it to a real electronics technician. There's simply no substitute for having something like this in front of you on the workbench where you can see the whole thing. We can make suggestions from thousands of miles away, but it's not the same thing as having a hands-on expert diagnose it, someone who would see something you're missing. I'm sure you have reasons why it's not an easy thing to do, but I think you've reached the limits of long-distance help.
                    I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

I summarize :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Clipboard02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	736226
                      The only case that turns on the Test Bulb is the one marked Dim Line 2 which is 50% litted (Not fully).
                      And may be 'Dim ?' Line 4
                      Correct ?

JP

Comment

​​​​Hello JP,
                        Here is everything:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Leslie 860 summary.png
Views:	18
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	736264

The Slow circuit is always dim, no matter if activated by the Fast or Slow switch on the pedal (violet or gray wire when I switch or do not switch wires).
                        The Fast circuit is always bright, no matter if activated by the Fast or Slow switch on the pedal (violet or gray wire when I switch or do not switch wires).
                        The 1/16 amp fuse blows when going from Stop to either Fast or Slow on the pedal.
                        I hope I am clear.
                        Once again thanks for your help and time,
                        gapo3
                        Last edited by gapo3; 07-19-2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Good evening,

This reminds me more a triac problem than a control problem.

Just 2 quick questions.

The test lamp replaces which fuse ?
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	860_19.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	736325
                          Are the motors disconnected = P4 pulled out ?

JP
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well this dummy at the end of the soldering iron made a discovery and has to make a confession. FZ1 has a 0.5 amp fuse in it that I mistakenly read as 1.5 amp (it is the one that should have a 1/16 amp fuse). This misled me from the beginning and thus I have been on FZ3 with the test lamp and the wrong fuse.
                            Someone else has been heavy into this amp and when I first went in to explore why it was not working I found every connection on S3 not soldered to the board. I did take care of that.
                            All I had laying around was a 3 amp fuse which I put in where the 1.5 amp slo blow fuse should go. I now have some 1.5 amp slo blow fuses on order.
                            So now - I turn the amp on and it hums like I expect it would but no sound from the guitar or keyboard is going through. I will try another cord tomorrow.
                            Also, the slow button works and the drum and horns rotate but when I hit the fast button there is a quick pause and then the drum and horns continue to rotate slow. Also when fast is hit there is a buzz that comes from the amp. I believe I replaced all the diodes correctly but I will also double check those tomorrow.
                            I am very sorry to have made such a dumb mistake when first coming on the forum and thank you all for you help. I will do better.
                            Any chance of getting the complete manual that has the page from your prior post? I am only working from the schematic.
                            gapo3

Comment

You will find it here :
                              http://www.captain-foldback.com/Lesl...ie_manuals.htm
                              I hope you enjoy reading it.
                              JP

Comment

Working...
                              X