Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oliboli
    replied
    Thanks for the info. The transformer stayed in!

Leave a comment:

• enor
    replied
    It's an isolation transformer, for your safety. I would most certainly NOT remove.

Leave a comment:

• mattikari
    replied
    You'll find that kind of transformers in all Hammond/Leslie related stuff that have been sold in Sweden back in the days. It might protect you in some special cases, but to be honest, usually I remove those from the units I work on, since they add so much weight.

Leave a comment:

• Arska
    replied
    You should be able to change Leslie power transformer tap from 250 v to 234 v then you don't need the extra transformer.

Leave a comment:

• oliboli
    replied
    Thanks again! I’ll try to bypass it. Waiting for some parts to make it here from the States so i’ll get back with some results when they arrive!

Leave a comment:

• Jyvoipabo
    replied
    May be a transformer hooked up as boosting transformer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BoostingX.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	734691
    https://sound-au.com/articles/buck-xfmr.htm
    #4 - Boosting Transformer
    JP

Leave a comment:

• dunderola
    replied
    Any extra trafos put in leslies in sweden sits on the upper shelve because its the only place it will fit. As you said most likely a step up transformer. Just remove it and rewire. I have a 234/250 volt in a 147 and in that one theres no extra trafo. Could also be for the swedish S-märkning too. Like sort of a safety transformer.

Leave a comment:

• muckelroy
    replied
    Why would a step up transformer be up by the horn? Be careful here, especially if you don’t know what this transformer was used for.

Leave a comment:

• oliboli
    replied
    Thank JP! Guess I have to try. Scary though 😬. My theory is that is a a step up transformer because the power grid in Sweden used to be 220 v (now it's 230v) and the amps rating is 234-250v.

Leave a comment:

• Jyvoipabo
    replied
    Hello,

With us we have a proverb : When it does not work it is because there are things in excess.
    And the best tool is cutting pliers.

You just have to remove it.

JP

Leave a comment:

• oliboli
    started a topic Strange transformer in Swedish Leslie 122N

Strange transformer in Swedish Leslie 122N

Hi!

I recently purchased a fixer-upper Leslie 122N and am about to update the motor switching with a low voltage relay to make it safer.

I live in Sweden so the the amp is the 234V/250V kind. However someone installed a big transformer right beside upper rotor. The power goes from the power-grid through the transformer and then to the amp.

When I measure the voltage, the voltage into the transformer is 235V in and 245V out. I never seen any schematics that include this transformer. Neither a picture of another Leslie that has it inside the cabinet. Does anyone know anything about it? Do I really need it?

I attached an image of the transformer and an image showing the ratings on the amp.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3179.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	734434Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3181.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	734435

Attached Files
Working...