Leslie 715

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie 715

Hello my leslie 715 speaker isn’t working ? The reverb channels are buzzing loud so I disconnected them my rotors spin and there’s a slight hum sound from my lower rotor but there is no audio getting to the leslie from the organ at all But I have control over the leslie speeds ? Any help at all is very much appreciated

Try the Leslie section of the forum.
    Current organs: AV, BC, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 142, 147, 760
    Organs in the past: L-100 (several), M-100 (x2), T-100, E-100, CV
    Other keyboards: Roland FP-4, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81Z, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Korg Krome, Novation Mininova

Comment

Moved to the Leslie section.

What organ are you connecting it to, and how are you connecting it. The 715 doesn't have 'reverb channels'. It's a two channel leslie, with a straight and a rotary channel. If you simply disconnect the straight channel (and how did you do that?) you'll lose all your bass, as all bass is routed through the straight channel and, via a crossover, to the 15" speaker.
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Hello,

The first thing to do is to check all the connectors looking for bad contact. This includes the organ and it's hookup.

The problem you are describing can also refer to a power supply failure
        If you have the means, check the voltages + 37, + 28 and -37V.
        Use the diagram for help : https://elektrotanya.com/leslie_spea.../download.html

You can also disconnect the amplifier modules one at a time to see if this improves the sound into the others ones.

JP

Comment

https://youtu.be/mlS68eRXQvA Copy this link there’s videos on my channel of the problem that’s going on I couldn’t directly post the videos here

Comment

You could also answer the questions I posed earlier, as they may well have a bearing on advice we can give. And the Rotosonic drum isn't spinning in the video. Did you disconnect it?
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
            Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Working...
            X